Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a small world after all.
It's a small world after all.
Unfortunately time gets us all, sad fact of life. My younger biological sister lost her adoptive father this past week. But here is something interesting about this I didn't know until a few minutes ago when she posted details of his life.

My  uncle by adoption flew for Air Force 2, and was invited onto Air Force 1 that day in Dallas when Kennedy was killed. He is in the background of that famous photo, although you can only see his forehead, of Jacky standing next to the Vice President being sworn in as President.

Anyway, just found out my biological younger sister's adoptive father flew helicopters for some presidents. 

The interesting thing is even if they never met, it's a sure bet they knew some of the same people.

Awe crap. Just now behind me some lady was with her elderly mother, saying "eat that last piece." Between hearing about my sister's father passing, and that, it made me cry missing my late mother. 

I am now watching them walk away, the lady is closely watching her mother walk, the same way I watched my own mom when she could. 

Point being, cherish the time you have and tell your loved ones you love them every day.
RE: It's a small world after all.
Just called my aunt. My sister's adoptive father flew helicopters for Nixon, Ford and Carter. My uncle flew Air Force 2 for Kennedy and Johnson. 

Now while not the same administrations, certainly for a non cabinet position like pilot there is going to be overlap. Chances are that even if they never met, it is likely they ran into the same people.
Marine One would be a fast way to get to the airport where Air Force One was parked. So, yeah, commonality is predictable.
(June 6, 2018 at 5:48 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Marine One would be a fast way to get to the airport where Air Force One was parked. So, yeah, commonality is predictable.

My sister says he worked for Army One, but I am sure between the three branches under any president transport was situational.

Army 1 I am sure was like Marine 1 and Air Force 1 and all of them had overlap.
Never heard of an "Army One" until now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_One
(June 6, 2018 at 7:44 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Never heard of an "Army One" until now.

I am only reporting to you what I read this morning. I am quite sure that when it comes to pilots there is overlap even outside official positions. If my sister says her dad transported 3 Presidents and was Army, I believe her.
(June 6, 2018 at 8:09 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 6, 2018 at 7:44 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Never heard of an "Army One" until now.

I am only reporting to you what I read this morning. I am quite sure that when it comes to pilots there is overlap even outside official positions. If my sister says her dad transported 3 Presidents and was Army, I believe her.

The Wiki article confirms there was/are Army One helos on the job.
Yes there is an "Army One" just like "Air Force One" and "Marine One"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_One
(June 6, 2018 at 8:13 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yes there is an "Army One" just like "Air Force One" and "Marine One"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_One
Family is valuable for me also. Extended or nuclear. I depend on them and they depend on me. Mostly in awkward and dysfunctional ways but we get by. I agree. Cherish them while you can.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One advantage of small towns. onlinebiker 40 3062 May 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I love my after Christmas Kroger points popeyespappy 3 395 January 4, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Making small talk more interesting Bahana 33 2879 April 9, 2018 at 1:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Question about ouija boards after strange experience Arsoo 110 18079 October 6, 2017 at 3:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Man Dies after "Jesus is my Life" Tattoo Infected TheRealJoeFish 13 3880 June 5, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  looking at toilet paper after wiping Catholic_Lady 175 37714 June 5, 2017 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sexual Pleasure after a Sex Change Operation Rhondazvous 13 4776 April 18, 2017 at 10:21 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  What do you guys think of Chris Brown after he threatened a woman with a gun? Tarasoft11 47 6663 September 16, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Friend deleted me after 2 years because i'm atheist Heat 54 8564 October 18, 2015 at 10:37 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Denmark, Have Moar Small Humons Fidel_Castronaut 9 1101 October 14, 2015 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Dystopia