Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 3:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friend deleted me after 2 years because i'm atheist
RE: Friend deleted me after 2 years because i'm atheist
I also wanted to mention that he was very discriminatory towards homosexuals, which stemmed from his religion(i'm guessing). Not to pride myself, but to get an idea of the type of person I am, I never challenged this belief, I easily could have, but I knew that it wouldn't change, and even though I strongly disagreed with him, I respected him and his beliefs. If I challenged him on that issue it would end up going back to where it started in the first place, his religion, in a way if I challenged that issue I was challenging a personal belief of his, not just on a random subject but one he actually cared about. I guess that added to my anger as well when he brang up my atheism and started mocking it when the argument taking place had nothing to do with it whatsoever. I don't want to paint me out as "me being 100% right and him 100% wrong on everything" like i'm perfect and he's the devil incarnate, which you may have got from this thread. 

However, the fact that I respected his personal beliefs that much, to not even so much as challenge his completely unethical, depressingly less-than-a-person view of homosexual people. That meant something to me. There was a lot of build up to me getting this angry but that was the final straw. For me to respect his views that much, and for him to have to little respect for mine in return, to bring it up in an unrelated situation and not only use it as an insult, but to use it as an insult not even a day after I told him what it meant to me and how it shouldn't affect our relationship. That's why I was angry enough to make this thread.

For the people who think i'm being "overly dramatic";
You have to realize that I don't have many friends. I knew this person and talked to them every day for two years. It's not like i'm just dramatizing a small event in my life. It wasn't just some random friend, or an episode of daily high school drama on Degrassi. I don't make a big deal out of things. For the most part, I am very anti-social and completely the opposite, I would rather keep to myself and not bother anyone than create commotion and have the possibility that someone might help me improve my situation a little bit. I don't like bothering people with my issues, because i'm always in the mind set of "it could be worse", the morning after writing this when I woke up I was already regretting posting it. Don't think i'm being dramatic for no reason.

Messages In This Thread
Friend deleted me after 2 years because i'm atheist - by Heat - October 16, 2015 at 12:54 am
RE: Friend deleted me after 2 years because i'm atheist - by Heat - October 18, 2015 at 12:51 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ten Short Years Foxaèr 6 743 March 15, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: brewer
  What did you learn to do because of the pandemic? arewethereyet 31 2228 June 27, 2021 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  US China war 70 years later Apollo 10 790 December 14, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2733 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I love my after Christmas Kroger points popeyespappy 3 411 January 4, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Most memorable New Years onlinebiker 8 633 January 1, 2019 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Because I love cheese Losty 116 9071 November 27, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Losty
  45 years later, at a sports bar....... Brian37 4 462 September 10, 2018 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's a small world after all. Brian37 8 1632 June 6, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How do you imagine the world millions of years from now? Macoleco 34 3646 April 15, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Macoleco