Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 7:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why so many "anti-feminists" in the atheist community?
RE: Why so many "anti-feminists" in the atheist community?
(October 20, 2015 at 7:11 pm)Losty Wrote: I get tired of the semantics. I am for equal rights and opportunities for all people. I am against sexism in all directions. Idgaf if you call me a feminist, SJW, egalitarian whatever I honestly do not care at all. Isn't time that all of us who are for equal rights and against social inequalities to stfu about the semantics?

Agreed. People spend more time arguing over who said the right thing in the right way instead of actually addressing whatever the issue is.

I also get tired of the attention whoring, where teenagers on the internet under this "social justice!" culture suddenly become experts on societal issues and have an opinion about everything. Some of these kids genuinely mean well I'm sure, most have no clue what they're talking about or how the world works and just want to be in the loop.

Then you have the "intersectional feminism" crowd with their selective outrage, who blow up at so-called "privileged people" for relatively trival things, while defending members of minority groups even when they say far worse shit. Prime example, I saw one blog write an article about "The lies Christianity tells about sex", and then shortly after try to claim it was a lie that Islam discriminates against the LGBT community.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why so many "anti-feminists" in the atheist community? - by Regina - October 21, 2015 at 12:05 am
SPEEDBUMP - by Fidel_Castronaut - December 4, 2015 at 9:42 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 6061 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2327 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2097 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  How many of you know that there is atheism in Sanatana Dharma ? hindu 19 2355 June 7, 2020 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 7455 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does forming an atheist community pose a risk to becoming a religion? yogamaster 42 4793 June 22, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 19326 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3566 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why do so many Christians claim to be former Atheists? Cecelia 42 6381 April 1, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1138 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89