Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd)
RE: Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd)
Ugh, I really need to head to bed. If you (theVOID) can clarify two issues for me, I will do the "God proof" in the morning.

1. How do you know the pyramids require a builder and did not arise by naturalistic processes?
2. Just the point about how you know it was the Egyptian empire that claimed to build the pyramids.

Once those are clarified we should be good to go! Night!
(December 16, 2010 at 4:55 am)theVOID Wrote:
(December 16, 2010 at 4:27 am)Statler Waldorf Wrote: You'll see where I am going in a second. So how do you know the Egyptians claimed to build the pyramids?

I'm no expert (or even really that interested in architecture and history), but off the top of my head there are edicts demanding their construction for burial chambers in some of the 100+ pyramids, there are the orders from the persist/chancellor to Djoser, Imhotep, of whom there are heirogliphics related to moving rocks, crude methods of leverage and papyrus with anatomy, architecture, leverage devices etc.

There are also hieroglyphs of pyramid construction specifically.

http://www.geopolymer.org/archaeology/py...nstruction

If you dig around you'll find a few more.

Quote: So I want to see what he accepts as logical proof for this belief before I move on to the God proof.

I already said I can't prove that humans built the pyramid, what I presented was an argument against any other intervention or claim to the title of architect or builder. My argument makes the ancient Egyptians the only group that you can be justified in believing to have built the pyramids.

That is if the premises are all true. I'm pretty sure that if you could demonstrate otherwise you should get a prize from some official organisation Wink

Wait wait, I was heading to bed until I saw this. Are you saying you can't prove the Egyptians built the pyramids but you believe they did anyways? Are you also saying that the reason you believe this is because of evidnece against anyone else building them? So you are using disjunctive reasoning? Evidence against A equals B when A and B are the only two options. The same reasoning everyone else flamed me for using? Somehow I doubt you will get flamed for using it though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd) - by Statler Waldorf - December 16, 2010 at 4:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1901 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Creationism Silver 203 14918 August 23, 2020 at 2:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  A theory about Creationism leaders Lucanus 24 7702 October 17, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Prediction of an Alien Invasion of Earth hopey 21 5146 July 1, 2017 at 3:36 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Science Vs. The Forces of Creationism ScienceAf 15 3318 August 30, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Debunking the Flat Earth Society. bussta33 24 5587 February 9, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Earth Glare_ 174 23881 March 25, 2015 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Defending Young-Earth Creationism Scientifically JonDarbyXIII 42 11512 January 14, 2015 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  creationism belief makes you a sicko.. profanity alert for you sensitive girly men heathendegenerate 4 2124 May 7, 2014 at 12:00 am
Last Post: heathendegenerate
  Religion 'Cause Of Evil Not Force For Good' More Young People Believe downbeatplumb 3 2489 June 25, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37