Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why am I an agnostic atheist? I don't know!
RE: Why am I an agnostic atheist? I don't know!

[/quote]

*Ace clicks fingers*
Right I'm gonna start injecting some humour into this.

Quote:You're missing my whole point. That begs the question "why don't you know of no reason or evidence to believe?"
This question will throw this whole thing into an endless circle. There could be no reason or evidence because there is none. "Why?", maybe because there is no god.

Quote:in either case how do you know why you don't believe?
Because I know what it takes for me to believe. Didn't see that coming did ya?! Tongue

Quote:if you don't believe because you are unconvinced, and you are unconvinced because you don't believe, how is that not circular reasoning?
if you don't believe because you are unconvinced, and you are unconvinced because there is no evidence, how is that circular reasoning?
I don't see a pink orb in the living room because I cannot see a pink orb in the living room. Why? - This is where the answer will start to repeat it self. I do not believe in god because nothing points to a god. It's simple and logical.

Quote:"Why is X annoyed?" "because X is angry" and "Why is X angry?" "Because X is annoyed"
Let me fix this.

"Why is X annoyed?" "because X is angry" and "Why is X angry?" "Because Ace fucked X's mum" "Why did Ace fuck X's mum" "Because X's mum is really hot" "Why is X's mum really hot" "Big boobs, great arse and one very wet fanny, need I say more?".
Tongue

Quote:"Why don't I believe in God?" "Because I'm unconvinced." "Why am I unconvinced?" "Because I don't believe".[/u]
"Why don't I believe in God?" "Because I'm unconvinced." "Why am I unconvinced?" "Because there is no evidence that I am aware of that points to a god".
I do not believe there is a pink orb in my living room because I can't see one. I don't believe in god because nothing that I know of points to a god. The 'why' question isn't really needed you know. The answer had been given for the question at hand. Why do I not know of any evidence? I am simply unaware of any. I can see how it can become an endless loop, I guess it depends if you make it into one!
---
I'm off for a hot bath.
I need to give my balls a good wash. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why am I an agnostic atheist? I don't know! - by Stempy - January 2, 2011 at 11:17 am
RE: Why am I an agnostic atheist? I don't know! - by Ace Otana - January 3, 2011 at 2:29 pm
RE: Why am I an agnostic atheist? I don't know! - by Skipper - January 3, 2011 at 10:25 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it Nihilist Virus 330 32469 March 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 23037 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question from an agnostic chrisNub 41 9623 March 30, 2018 at 7:28 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My brother who used to be a devout Muslim is now agnostic Lebneni Murtad 4 1403 March 21, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Why I don't believe in religion Na11 21 5909 November 30, 2016 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  What is the right definition of agnostic? Red_Wind 27 6164 November 7, 2016 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Well, I just can't change that I'm Agnostic... LivingNumbers6.626 15 3129 July 6, 2016 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Everyone is Agnostic z7z 16 3480 June 26, 2016 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Can you persuade me from Agnostic to Atheist? AgnosticMan123 160 26015 June 6, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Adam Blackstar
  I don't understand it: Why am I not confietable with the label "Atheist" ReptilianPeon 15 4069 April 28, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Athene