Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 12:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "unconditionally"
RE: My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "uncondition...
(December 29, 2015 at 11:24 am)kmthang Wrote: I've been a strong christian for most of my life but until two months ago. I have my reasons for becoming an atheist but I swear that I don't hate 'God' or any gods.

Atheists don't "hate" gods. As an atheist, I find it hard to hate something that doesn't exist.

Quote:Even though I turned to an atheist I still keep a lot of wisdoms and lessons I learned from the Bible.  I consider myself a kind, humble, nice, funny, non-judgmental.

You can be all of those things without religious involvement.

Quote: The very last time I met with my gf, she didn't kiss me anymore. She didn't even want to touch me anymore... or even had a hard time letting me hold her hand. This really broke my heart even though I didn't tell her.

Are you sure she isn't cheating? This could be a sign of that. If not, then her judgemental attitude towards you isn't going to change.

Quote: In our case, all I want from her is to respect my lack of belief.

Good luck with that. Many Christians think we are the spawn of Satan, even though he, too, is imaginary. Her pushing you away is a strong indicator of her disapproval of your awakening to the falsehood of religion.

Quote: If you're a female and your bf becomes an atheist (friendly), what do you want from him to keep your relationship besides forcing him to be a believer again?

What are my options? Give me some ideas...

I just can't imagine living a life without seeing her beautiful face smiling for me but for someone else :'(

Thanks

She can no more force you to believe than you can force her to not believe. At the end of the day, you have to decide whether or not being with a believer is going to be more problematic than not. Your own mental health is worth far more than what you'll ever get out of being in a relationship with someone who doesn't share the same views about religion as you do. If constant questioning and mental mind fuckery caused by the differences in your views is what you want, by all means, keep trying. If not, start looking for greener pastures my friend.

I don't know your age, but if this is your first serious relationship, use the experience and knowledge you've gained from it and look for someone who's views align more closely with your own.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "uncondition... - by Joods - December 29, 2015 at 11:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1635 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 29893 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8086 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Paul's Writings Underpin Western Thought SteveII 232 17877 August 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 2029 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 10119 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 23801 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31601 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1287 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sad thought about Jesus. TrueChristian 130 22392 December 25, 2015 at 12:59 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder