Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 11:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd)
RE: Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd)
Just to note, I'm not doing this to indulge statler on anything. I don't really have anything to prove to him.
I've read to whatever extent every link I've posted and I've watched every video I've linked.

I like to think of this whole debacle as an exercise in my ability to do research.
Combined with my nearly obsessive need to be thorough, the result being that my post occasionally reach the character limit imposed by these forums and I had to cut a lot out in order to fit my lost post.
By the by, it's somewhere between 64 adn 65 thousand characters and my post is one sentence short of that limit.

I suppose I could spend my time better - I do have better things to do, but I honestly enjoy researching the science behind my refutations of Statler's practically criminal ignorance on topics of a scientific nature - particularly concerning my points on evolutionary genetics, which I learned some time ago could allow scientists to reverse-engineer certain birds to match their dinosaur ancestor because changes in DNA through mutation occurs at regular intervals and we can actually tell newer from older DNA sequences, allowing us to edit DNA to reverse all or most changes over the milenia to result in a dinosaur out of a modern animal that descended from one such creature.
There are other scientific arguements though I've enjoyed looking over, but that was recently entertaining.

I've been told things like that in the past through my regular news sources, but these debates give me an excuse to more thoroughly investigate such sources. Which makes me a better person and a more knowledgable person.

I also thoroughly enjoy watching as Statler twists around in his attempts to refute things like my bible passages or explain genetics to me in some bullshit thing that clearly is counter to what I've been reading from websites and links to the works of geneticists and colleges that teach genetics and so forth. All out of the insane belief that his sources that must pledge their bias against certain evidence for a worldview is the same as people who pledge to being objective to their evidence.
Or his attempt to cover the bible's interpretation of the shape of the earth and the cosmology of the universe as metaphor when he clearly believes some parts as literal and others not, picking and choosing despite no real reason for anyone to pick flat earth as a metaphor over the magic, talking snakes, six day creation, adam and eve, noah's flood, and so forth.
Partiuclarly since my search over his flat-earth book pointed me to another book that essentially stated that most religious institutions didn't really start interpreting the bible literally until the 17th century!
Or how he talks about 'origins science' being pseudoscience despite christianity only existing for a few millenia and no one having 'observed' any of the events he believes in as opposed to them being a fictional story written by people who realized that they were fiction but used those stories to teach morals in antiquity.

Or the fact that over three posts, he's attempted to tell me that light having two seporate speeds depending on the observer somehow doesn't refute relativity. And clearly since einstein considered it, there must be something to it because that's totally how science is done right? And that's clearly not an appeal to authority, right?

I mean it's amusing as hell to me to see some of these silly and ridiculous excuses to cover up such gaping holes in this knowledge of science and the bible's enormous plot holes.

Finally, I would like to think that my contributions here has also allowed any 3rd party people who happen upon this thread to see a very reasonable arguement on my part. Particularly to anyone who may be a creationist like statler but not quite as thoroughly deluded.

Then again, perhaps I'm just an idiot for wasting my time here.

[Image: Chicken-Dinosaur.jpg]
Ah. The day KFC became the best damn restraunt in the world.
Seriously, somebody make me a damn dinochicken!
Mmmm... Crispy style with 11 herbs and spices.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan

Messages In This Thread
RE: Young Earth Creationism Vs. Science (Statler Waldorf Contd) - by TheDarkestOfAngels - February 2, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1616 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Creationism Foxaèr 203 12029 August 23, 2020 at 2:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  A theory about Creationism leaders Lucanus 24 7259 October 17, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Prediction of an Alien Invasion of Earth hopey 21 4876 July 1, 2017 at 3:36 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Science Vs. The Forces of Creationism ScienceAf 15 3015 August 30, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Debunking the Flat Earth Society. bussta33 24 5225 February 9, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Earth Glare_ 174 21661 March 25, 2015 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Defending Young-Earth Creationism Scientifically JonDarbyXIII 42 10720 January 14, 2015 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  creationism belief makes you a sicko.. profanity alert for you sensitive girly men heathendegenerate 4 2053 May 7, 2014 at 12:00 am
Last Post: heathendegenerate
  Religion 'Cause Of Evil Not Force For Good' More Young People Believe downbeatplumb 3 2394 June 25, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37