Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 2:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron.
RE: 2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron.
(February 6, 2016 at 10:41 am)Rhythm Wrote: Hopefully the money gets where it needs to go, or at least mostly - which is probably the best we can expect on that count.  Still, I don't see what it has to do with your NHS or teachers.  If they wanted to drop more funding to the nhs, or give teachers a raise, they could....regardless of the 2bil in foreign aid.  2bil isn't about to break any first world country.  It's chump change.  

People fighting for their lives and homes need weapons.  You could send them cash, they'll use it to procure weapons.  OFC, we've sent more than just weapons, so......

OFC there is currently no choice between straighter teeth and syrian aid, I keep telling you that's the worst case scenario if there -were- a direct relationship between the two, which there isn't..to put it into context.  You don't have it that bad yet, but if you did, you'd still have it pretty good, especially relative to the people you're helping.  Feeling me now?

I understand all your opinions and still the one that I severely object to. 

It's this focus on teeth straightening, I feel ridiculous even talking about it.  It's not as if teeth straightening is the hall mark of good quality health care.  Again this section of my argument has nothing at all to do with refugees or aid or Syria, it's opposition to you saying we don't have it so bad yet because the teeth straightening is still there. 

It's like you seem to be either saying everything is ok because we still have teeth straightening so we must have enough funds (even though there's been deaths, waiting times, inadequate care and so on directly blamed for lack of funding)

Or you're saying it isn't the fault of a lack of funding, which is fair enough to have that opinion but all the articles I gave links to contradict that opinion.  They are saying the bad treatment is due to lack of funding, and if there is a relationship between bad treatment and funding and the funds are being spent on Syrian aid that does mean there is a relationship between the two things.  Obviously not just these two things, I have previously said, and not just in this thread, that I believe the government misspends lots and lots of money.

Or you're saying it doesn't really matter because Britain can just sort of get this money anyway just by the sheer virtue of being a first world country, to which I would say that doesn't seem to be the case, if they could get the funding anyway we wouldn't have doctors and nurses on strike now and a poorer level of health care than we used to, since health care is very important.

It's almost like if you were a social worker, you keep checking up on a girl and her parents and saying she's fine because her parents make her brush her teeth, and I'm telling you that her parents have been smashing her feet in with hammers and she can barely walk, and you're coming back with the same argument that her teeth are fine so she's ok.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron. - by paulpablo - February 6, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  David Brooks in the NY Times on Trump's inaugural day Whateverist 9 1965 January 20, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  What Kind of Genius Loses A Billion Dollars? Minimalist 30 4416 October 7, 2016 at 12:27 am
Last Post: InquiringMind
  What's $100 billion among friends? Minimalist 18 2648 February 28, 2016 at 12:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Cameron wants to bring back fox hunting robvalue 30 5844 July 31, 2015 at 4:59 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What's your view about the Syrian war Ramy 6 1260 January 2, 2015 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  David Koch Heywood 34 5379 December 16, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  10 Pounds of Stupid in a 3 Pound Bag. Minimalist 11 2206 August 1, 2014 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  David Icke Lemonvariable72 6 1893 January 5, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: StuW
  DHS purchases 1.6 billion hollow point rounds. JohnDG 21 6931 January 11, 2013 at 5:02 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Sins Of General David Petraeus Silas Stingy 22 6284 November 12, 2012 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Something completely different