Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Koch
David Koch
Seems the guys is pro-choice and pro gay marriage. He is also against ethanol subsidies even though his company recieves millions of dollars in these subsidies.

What is wrong with David Koch other than being pro-choice?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/14/politics/d...?hpt=hp_t4
RE: David Koch
As long as he gets richer and the poor get poorer he doesn't give a flying fuck.

Fuck him and his fucking brother.

Oh, and fuck you, too.
You really should get out more.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...e-20140924
The orderlies at the asylum probably won't allow it.
(December 15, 2014 at 10:30 pm)Cato Wrote: You really should get out more.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...e-20140924

Rollingstone isn't much to do about credibility these days. Especially after the phoney College Rape article they published recently.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(December 16, 2014 at 5:22 am)A Theist Wrote: Rollingstone isn't much to do about credibility these days. Especially after the phoney College Rape article they published recently.

Is that all you have? Nothing of substance? If what happened with the UVA story is systemic, it shouldn't be difficult for you to refute what is actually written in the article.
(December 15, 2014 at 10:13 pm)Heywood Wrote: Seems the guys is pro-choice and pro gay marriage. He is also against ethanol subsidies even though his company recieves millions of dollars in these subsidies.

What is wrong with David Koch other than being pro-choice?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/14/politics/d...?hpt=hp_t4

I have met libertarians who are pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage. They hold right wing views on everything else but believe that adults should be able to do what they want with their own bodies. Some of them are also open borders but their view on the borders has nothing to do with their love for their fellow man. They believe that business would somehow do better if people could freely and easily move from one place to the other.

Quote:Koch, who supports gay rights and women's right to choose, said if candidates he gives to don't share those ideals, "That's their problem. I do have those views."
"What I want these candidates to do is to support a balanced budget," Koch said. "I'm really focused intensely on economic and fiscal issues, because if those go bad the country as a whole suffers terribly."

This is the problem. He gives money to candidates that support things that will most likely hurt the country.
(December 16, 2014 at 7:47 am)Nope Wrote: I have met libertarians who are pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage. They hold right wing views on everything else but believe that adults should be able to do what they want with their own bodies. Some of them are also open borders but their view on the borders has nothing to do with their love for their fellow man. They believe that business would somehow do better if people could freely and easily move from one place to the other.
Libertarians in the USA strike me as an attempt by the GOP to expand without alienating an important core constituency (the religious right). They're really just Republicans who take a slightly more liberal stand on social issues... sometimes. I think that the GOP is understandably concerned with getting them back into the fold, since a split could be devastating for them in future elections. An honest-to-goodness libertarian party would be more liberal than conservative, IMO. Therefore, if the migration goes in that direction (ie, GOP towards libertarianism) it's probably better for the country in the long run.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Ask our friends across the pond and they'll tell you that our "libertarians" have shifted right with the rest of our government - to the point where they don't seem like "libertarians" to other "libertarians" anymore. Hell, they're even shifting away from what american libertarians consider to be their position. I don't see any reason to assume that this pattern will stop, or that if it does, why any libertarian remnants will even be relevant. "Libertarian" in the states is shifting towards the GOP's positions..the GOP is not moving towards libertarianism.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 15, 2014 at 10:13 pm)Heywood Wrote: What is wrong with David Koch other than being pro-choice?
Silence is all I have...
[Image: detroit_petcoke_fassinger_4.jpg]
...in solidarity with nature because thanks to corporate sociopaths like the Kochs she is fucking dying.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  David Brooks in the NY Times on Trump's inaugural day Whateverist 9 1898 January 20, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron. paulpablo 52 5509 February 8, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Koch dealers. The real kings. Brian37 9 2006 February 10, 2015 at 10:37 am
Last Post: polar bear
  David Icke Lemonvariable72 6 1812 January 5, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: StuW
  Koch Brothers abandoning shutdown strategy Creed of Heresy 10 2400 October 11, 2013 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  The Sins Of General David Petraeus Silas Stingy 22 6179 November 12, 2012 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Koch Brothers and their Business Empire = Lex Luthor TheDarkestOfAngels 11 5180 January 3, 2012 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: theVOID
  David Cameron Darwinian 12 4560 December 19, 2011 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Darwinian
  David Cameron says Britain is a Christian country. downbeatplumb 10 5804 December 16, 2011 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  David Cameron Pretending to be Common frankiej 0 1071 August 21, 2011 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: frankiej