Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's $100 billion among friends?
What's $100 billion among friends?
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/us-air-f...th-bomber/

Quote:The US Air Force on Friday unveiled the first image of its next-generation bomber that will replace antique B-52s first developed during the Cold War.

The all-black plane has a distinctive, zigzagging shape and a super-low profile that will make it hard to spot on radar, and bears more than a passing resemblance to the Air Force’s B-2 bomber, which is also made by Northrop Grumman.

Important because ISIS and al Qaeda and the Taliban have first class anti-aircraft systems.  Oh wait.  No they don't.

Quote:The Pentagon in October announced Northrop as the winner of the contract to build the bomber in a decades-long program that will likely end up costing in excess of $100 billion.

The Air Force wants 100 of the warplanes

So a billion apiece.... before the inevitable cost overruns that is.
RE: What's $100 billion among friends?
[Image: e33db_ORIG-demotivational_posters_dear_skynet1.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 26, 2016 at 9:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/us-air-f...th-bomber/

Quote:The US Air Force on Friday unveiled the first image of its next-generation bomber that will replace antique B-52s first developed during the Cold War.

The all-black plane has a distinctive, zigzagging shape and a super-low profile that will make it hard to spot on radar, and bears more than a passing resemblance to the Air Force’s B-2 bomber, which is also made by Northrop Grumman.

Important because ISIS and al Qaeda and the Taliban have first class anti-aircraft systems.  Oh wait.  No they don't.

Quote:The Pentagon in October announced Northrop as the winner of the contract to build the bomber in a decades-long program that will likely end up costing in excess of $100 billion.

The Air Force wants 100 of the warplanes

So a billion apiece.... before the inevitable cost overruns that is.

You can't wait until you need a weapon system.  If you don't have it before the SHTF you're out of luck.
I hear Kanye asked Zuckerberg for a billion. Probably for something not nearly as nifty. Zoom-Zoom!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Do you think it would be a better idea to invest in aircraft if they DID have anti aircraft systems? I understand our military budget is overblown, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be making bigger better weapons.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

And that $100 billion will go up rapidly as the Pentagon starts changing the mission requirements during development, qualification and production in response to China's growing militancy in the South China Sea.

Imagine the irony if one of the first missions of the new bomber is to defend Vietnam from Chinese hegemony.

Panic
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

J/K about Vietnam, after the balanced budget amendment is ratified by all 50 states, the new bombers primary mission will be the first of what will turn out to be annual wars with Iceland.

Tongue

'A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon you're talking real money.' Some USian pol whose name escapes me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Proxmire, William Proxmire.

I'm happy to take your word for it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  make friends with both washington and moscow Interaktive 8 954 March 22, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  We may have different points of view but can we still be friends? GODZILLA 26 3505 May 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Did Trump bomb Syria to back up his live tweets on Fox & Friends on 4/10? Whateverist 1 491 April 18, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yeah, We Know, Charlie. But These Are Your Friends Minimalist 3 1001 March 28, 2018 at 9:10 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Australia: Martyr complex among "no" voters GrandizerII 39 4614 November 21, 2017 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Your friends on Facebook who are avid Trump supporters. How do you deal with them? NuclearEnergy 2 1033 June 2, 2017 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  There is No Honor Among Thieves or Whiny Little Bitches Minimalist 13 1828 March 30, 2017 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  1st 100 days? Blue Man 7 1167 February 16, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Among Other Things The WLB Will Fuck Up Is the internet. Minimalist 17 2676 January 24, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Friends Across the Pond: Why You Should Not Give Up On America Rhondazvous 26 3728 November 11, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous