Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Brooks in the NY Times on Trump's inaugural day
David Brooks in the NY Times on Trump's inaugural day
One of the few conservative pundit/writers I can bear to read had this to say this morning regarding the quality of the man we are about to make our president.

David Brooks Wrote:We’ve never had a major national leader as professionally unprepared, intellectually ill informed, morally compromised and temperamentally unfit as the man taking the oath on Friday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/opini...ction&_r=0
RE: David Brooks in the NY Times on Trump's inaugural day
Coservative doesn't equal rightwing, doesn't equal stupid.

One of my favorite columnists is a Conservative. But apart from his economic views, we're mainly on the same wavelength.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 20, 2017 at 12:46 pm)Whateverist Wrote: One of the few conservative pundit/writers I can bear to read had this to say this morning regarding the quality of the man we are about to make our president.

David Brooks Wrote:We’ve never had a major national leader as professionally unprepared, intellectually ill informed, morally compromised and temperamentally unfit as the man taking the oath on Friday.

[Image: 1i0vt0.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 20, 2017 at 1:05 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:
(January 20, 2017 at 12:46 pm)Whateverist Wrote: One of the few conservative pundit/writers I can bear to read had this to say this morning regarding the quality of the man we are about to make our president.

[Image: 1i0vt0.jpg]

No, no .. not an oversight.  Reagan merely had a degenerating brain and had simplistic ideas and values.  But at least he knew enough to stay out of the way.  Trump is much, much worse.
Reagan had been deeply involved in politics and had been the governor of California. There's no comparison between Reagan and Trump. I'd feel so goddamn lucky right now if the Gipper rose up out of the grave and took over for the Orange Gasbag.

As for Trump's shortcomings---hell, he's an agglomeration of shortcomings---what is there that's new to be said about the motherfucker?

Buckle up, it's going to be an insane ride. His speech was obnoxious, bellicose, and promises dark days ahead.
His speech was full of crap. He made me throw up in my mouth a little. Seriously. Nausea on top of the nausea I have already been experiencing from a virus this week, wasn't very nice.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'll read the text of the speech, which will be sickening enough. Watching the gibbering orangutan live is above my nausea level. Eeeew
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I only watched it because it came across my FB feed as a live event. Since I don't get TV, I watched it. I was hoping for some carnage, but was left utterly disappointed.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
As someone quipped on Twitter - "Tiny hands, tiny crowds."

[Image: crowd_split.0.jpg]

Obama did a lot better.  I wonder if he tapped the WLB on the shoulder and said "mine's bigger?"  The biggest problem with drumpfucks is that black guys always make them feel inferior.
I'll read the transcript of the speech, too.

I deliberately avoided watching the inauguration and did work instead. Trump is bad enough. I had no reason to also subject myself to Franklin Graham, talking to his imaginary friend. I had quite enough of his smug, useless father officiating at every fucking public event known to man to last a lifetime.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5272 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1031 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks Agnostico 169 6042 June 18, 2020 at 6:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36852 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  My Word. How Times Have Changed! Minimalist 8 931 October 6, 2018 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ever notice that there are little to no trolls on sites like La Times or WaPo GODZILLA 4 696 June 30, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump Jr. wanted to impregnate his mistress Aubrey O'Day Divinity 16 3088 March 31, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Feminism in prehistoric times / primitive culture larson 107 22348 May 18, 2017 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3122 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New York Times, CNN, others barred from press briefing Aegon 93 13727 February 27, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia