Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 9:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christian couple told they can't adopt due to their views on homosexuality.
RE: Christian couple told they can't adopt due to their views on homosexuality.
True christianity is not forced, it is taught, it is up to each individual to choose to believe or reject. I will agree that to teach a child from an early age a person or couple will have a greater influence on any decision but isn't that one reason people have children is to pass on their beliefs. Personally I haven't seen many parents that do not care what their children believe (that is those parents who care about their child), that includes secular and religious. Different people have different beliefs and that means different moral standards and the courts nor any other government agency has the right to dictate those beliefs unless those beliefs are a detriment to a childs physical health. I believe that murder, stealing, cheating, lying and ect. are moral issues and not just legal matters, I also believe that homosexuality is a moral issue and not necessarily a legal matter and I would have taught my children the same, I however would not have taught them to hate homosexual people that would be bigoted. To teach a child your moral principles is not bigotry, to teach a child your moral principles colored with hate is bigoted and as far as I'm concerned immoral.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian couple told they can't adopt due to their views on homosexuality. - by Godschild - March 3, 2011 at 2:10 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1143 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1589 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 59459 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 91718 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 2918 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1893 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 898 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Bible condemns homosexuality. Jehanne 190 29841 May 2, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns Cecelia 63 10551 March 17, 2018 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 28650 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B