Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 5:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Prison Complex receives terrible news.
RE: Private Prison Complex receives terrible news.
(August 26, 2016 at 11:51 am)Rhythm Wrote: Australia has for profit prisons as well..........in fact, last I checked...you guys had a higher ratio of prisoners in for profit prisons than anyone else in the world.

Mexico has universal healthcare.

Yes you're right I should inform myself about these things fully. In my jurisdiction there is a human rights act, and there are no private prisons, in Vic (the only other jurisdiction with a human rights act in Australia) there are private prisons that would need to operate under it, but they don't appear to reduce the cost of incarceration compared with other parts of Australia. But look with this said, Australia has a normal-ish number of prisoners per 100,000, and our justice system is not systemically travelling in a direction that makes it harder for people to be rehabilitated and stay out of gaols. Obviously there are many problems within the system (Don Dale for example).

[Image: bill-leak-cartoon.jpg]

That's a cartoon by Bill Leak that was published in the Australian. It makes what I think is a good point, and that is that the whole culture of youth detention is extremely toxic - both in and out of so-called "detention centres" (gaols).
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Messages In This Thread
RE: Private Prison Complex receives terrible news. - by Aractus - August 26, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Trump going to Prison? FrustratedFool 392 25774 February 22, 2024 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 5024 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Take them to Detroit,,,,,, Or prison... Brian37 70 3783 October 15, 2020 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Violence in prison does not help. Brian37 1 524 April 29, 2019 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  POTUS "fixer" gets 36 months in prison. Brian37 9 1648 December 13, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  This Is What Happens When You Put An Idiot In Charge of a Complex System Minimalist 132 13430 December 6, 2018 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 606 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Suge Knight Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison Fake Messiah 3 675 October 9, 2018 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  This Is Nothing Compared To The Ass-Reaming You'll Get In Prison! Minimalist 10 1815 July 14, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 571 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist