Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 1:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Report on Sexuality and Gender by New Atlantis
RE: Special Report on Sexuality and Gender by New Atlantis
(October 17, 2016 at 11:42 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(October 17, 2016 at 9:13 pm)EruptedCarcassBloat Wrote: "Some of the most widely held views about sexual orientation, such as the “born that way” hypothesis, simply are not supported by science." Is that why homosexuality is ubiquitous throughout nature?

To be honest, this is bad logic. Homosexuality being ubiquitous throughout nature does not logically mean that homosexual people (or animals) are "born that way".
I suppose not. It still pisses me off that people like OP even try to make this argument. It's like, what the hell are you trying to prove by doing a study like this? So you're trying to prove that homosexuality is a mental illness. Okay, who the hell actually benefits from something like this? This is like saying that black people are genetically inferior and therefor less intelligent than white people, or releasing a study that says jews are naturally more greedy. 

It makes me angry. What are you going to do with homosexuals when you finally determine that you think homosexuality arises by some fluke of nature? You're going to encourage anti gay therapy, which is literally still a thing in this country, and you're going to encourage anti gay camps. These are damaging things, for people who can't help the way they feel, that just instill this idea that there's something bad and wrong with them. When you have someone who feels stigmatized and ashamed of themselves for something they can't help, which has literally 0 negative consequences, then you've done nothing but harm that person mentally. That is why articles like this just make me wish that the person who wrote it, and the people who propagate it, would go down a dark alley in the middle of the night and get their head smashed over with a bottle, and the jagged bottle neck rammed into their eye. Period.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Special Report on Sexuality and Gender by New Atlantis - by EruptedCarcassBloat - October 18, 2016 at 8:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Special Relativity. Lifetime. Stoneheart 120 8628 December 6, 2019 at 12:35 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Raising Gender Normative Children Acrobat 8 754 February 15, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  [Serious] Please convince me gender is binary tackattack 189 13865 February 13, 2019 at 12:22 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Transgender kids’ brains resemble their gender identity, not their biological sex Foxaèr 19 3440 May 23, 2018 at 10:06 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Gender Identity Disorder? I don't think so! :D Violet 25 13643 August 27, 2012 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Violet
  What is so special about us?!? Tiberius 67 19725 February 14, 2010 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Purple Rabbit