Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender Identity Disorder? I don't think so! :D
Gender Identity Disorder? I don't think so! :D
Full article

http://dot429.com/articles/1119

Excerpt:

Quote:“Gender Identity Disorder” is now a term of the past as the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM, will be replacing the term with “Gender Dysphoria," according to the Associated Press.

This change is a result of years of lobbying the American Psychiatric Association to change or remove the “mentally ill” characterization given to all who are transgender. Individuals may now be diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria, “a marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender.”

“All psychiatric diagnoses occur within a cultural context,” Jack Drescher, a New York psychiatrist and member of the APA subcommittee said. “We know there is a whole community of people out there who are not seeking medical attention and live between the two binary categories. We wanted to send the message that the therapist’s job isn’t to pathologize.”

The DSM manual’s change in this fifth edition is a huge step for the trans community, as they will no longer live under the label “disordered.”

So pretty much, HOORAY! Tiger
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: Gender Identity Disorder? I don't think so! :D
Quote:Dysphoria

Fuck...most Americans won't even be able to pronounce that.
(July 30, 2012 at 6:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Dysphoria

Fuck...most Americans won't even be able to pronounce that.

Here's a handy key for those hookers:

Dis 4 ee uh.

If you don't know how to dis someone, the number four, a squeal (And alternately the most common letter in the English alphabet), and an alternate form of 'er'... you probably need to chat up a few kindergartners Heart
(July 30, 2012 at 6:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Fuck...most Americans won't even be able to pronounce that.

fyp.
My inner penis remains flaccid, but I'm tingling in other parts, and I have the strongest urge to wear cargo pants, and go shopping for purses. It's good to know I'm not crazy. At least not in that way.

(July 30, 2012 at 6:44 pm)aleialoura Wrote: My inner penis remains flaccid, but I'm tingling in other parts, and I have the strongest urge to wear cargo pants, and go shopping for purses. It's good to know I'm not crazy. At least not in that way.

I watched a Jimy Carr gig last night on TV and came up instantly with about seven rude jokes about "your inner penis".

I will not share though as they were far too rude for publication.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Share them jokes mon!
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I guess that means that everyone with Gender Identity Disorder is cured..hehehe.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 1, 2012 at 11:20 am)Rhythm Wrote: I guess that means that everyone with Gender Identity Disorder is cured..hehehe.

XD

And I don't even know what that means! Did my body suddenly lose all traces that testosterone was ever there, or have I died? Tiger
Those two scenarios would, for me, be indistinguishable from each other. Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexism and Borderline Personality Disorder Duty 10 1543 November 23, 2022 at 11:25 am
Last Post: brewer
  Narcolepsy/ Sleep disorder support tackattack 16 747 December 7, 2021 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Raising Gender Normative Children Acrobat 8 712 February 15, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  [Serious] Please convince me gender is binary tackattack 189 12223 February 13, 2019 at 12:22 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Transgender kids’ brains resemble their gender identity, not their biological sex Foxaèr 19 3294 May 23, 2018 at 10:06 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Short review of borderline personality disorder treatment brewer 0 485 March 13, 2017 at 9:33 pm
  Special Report on Sexuality and Gender by New Atlantis Neo-Scholastic 51 13492 October 18, 2016 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Another medical snippet, anxiety disorder. brewer 0 699 September 4, 2016 at 8:00 pm
  How does culture shape Identity? - MSc research jovi-balani 5 1565 September 9, 2014 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Borderline Personality Disorder pop_punks_not_dead 2 1419 February 17, 2013 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: TaraJo