(October 28, 2016 at 3:39 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: *groan* I can't believe they did a remake of Nightmare on Elm Street. I absolutely hate remakes because they invariably suck ass. Like Planet of the Apes, for example. And Nightmare on Elm Street had so many sequels I don't know why a remake was necessary. It would be like doing a remake of Halloween or Friday the 13th.
The think about Nightmare on Elm Street is that the first one or two were pretty scary, but after that Freddy went on to become an anti-hero and you were just rooting for him to kill the stupid kids.
I don't mind certain remakes. I liked the 2 new Planet Of The Apes movies, and I liked the King Kong remake, and a few other examples. However yeah, a lot of them suck or are just mediocre and not needed. This one included.


