Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 7:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new
#5
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new
A Nightmare on Elm Street is was one of my favorite movies.  I've always been a bit of a horror fanatic.  I used to love the old B horror movies and Return of the Living Dead followed by Return of the Living Dead 2 are my 2 absolute favorite movies, defining what a zombie "should be" for me.  Bruce Campbell is one of only three famous people I care anything about (the other two being Ozzy Osbourne and Tim Curry) because of Evil Dead 2 (the first was basically the same movie only too serious) and Army of Darkness.  I am currently enjoying the hell out of the  Ash vs Evil Dead series.

I think I watched the remake, but I don't remember for sure.  I tend not to remember movies that don't make an impression on me until I try watching them again.  These days, that's most movies.  I do remember "NOT Robert England" being Freddy in something I watched.  It sucked.  The original A Nightmare on Elm Street was one of the defining horror movies of my day and set the stage for me absolutely hating almost all modern horror.  That psychological bullshit is just crap.  You can shove Saw and all its pathetic spawn right up your ass.  I'll even give a good push for you, if it helps.  The ONLY really, REALLY good horror movie I've seen in, probably, a couple decades was the original Paranormal Activity.  It was the first movie to actually creep me out since probably the late '80s.  Though I do have to give kudos to The Exorcist for the backward crab walk down the stairs scene.  Not really my genre, but that was a creepy-ass scene.

So yeah, Robert England IS Freddy Kruger.  There is no other, which is fine, because we don't need another Nightmare anyway.  They got stale after a while.  I don't know if I've even seen them all, but I can say definitively that of the "England" movies, Nightmare 2 was definitely the worst of the bunch.  I enjoyed the hell out of some of the scenes from more recent ones (still old).  Particularly this scene:



Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by Mechaghostman2 - October 28, 2016 at 1:57 pm
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by Faith No More - October 29, 2016 at 8:11 am
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by Asmodee - October 28, 2016 at 5:39 pm
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by Longhorn - October 29, 2016 at 7:47 am
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by Cato - October 29, 2016 at 8:13 am
RE: A Nightmare On Elmstreet, old vs. new - by rado84 - October 29, 2016 at 8:42 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just an old metalhead MR. Macabre 666 60 14604 August 27, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  New music, Old music Ahriman 79 23527 November 5, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  "Who Wants To Be A Billion Years Old"? Jackie 2 1057 January 31, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  Call me old. But these guys didn't ask me. Jackie 37 8949 September 26, 2020 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Old Fart In Town. Jackie 36 9778 June 4, 2020 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Challenge New, New year's song...... Jackie 0 655 January 3, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  Just watching a old episode of Perry Mason. Jackie 3 2186 July 12, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Jackie
  Passing of time/old movies warning youngens... Jackie 13 6039 June 24, 2017 at 3:18 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Kitan Etos 12 6684 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  When you visit old profiles WinterHold 14 3453 May 19, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)