Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 7:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist?
RE: Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist?
(December 2, 2016 at 10:19 am)Ben Davis Wrote:
(December 2, 2016 at 9:01 am)Ignorant Wrote: What do you think about Catholics holding that Mary, a woman, is the closest creature to God?

Yes, Mary. The ultimate rape victim.

Did you miss the part about Gabriel asking for her consent, and Mary giving it?

(December 2, 2016 at 10:35 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(December 2, 2016 at 9:01 am)Ignorant Wrote: What do you think about Catholics holding that Mary, a woman, is the closest creature to God?

Who is a male... That clearly means - the best female is inferior to the best male. [1]

The male created the universe and humanity - even Mary herself. [2] The male sacrificed himself for the sins of humanity. The male will judge humanity and give them everlasting life - again, including Mary herself, who is only venerated, due to male's grace. [3]

The female - is a perfectly obedient recepticle/incubator, who knows how to keep her legs together. Twist it however you like it, but women are inherently inferior according to pretty much every major monotheistic religion. [4]

God without Mary is still God. Mary without god - is just some pr*ck-teasing b*tch. Tongue

1) HA! Clearly? "Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance" (Phil 2:7) If that's true, and God humbled himself as lowly as possible (i.e. as a man), couldn't it also be "clear" that God sees MEN as inferior to women?

2) That is not an adequate understanding of Christianity. Jesus's humanity had nothing to do with the creative act. In fact, Jesus's masculine humanity comes ONLY from Mary's humanity. It is a reversal of the Adam and Eve narrative.

Adam (Old Man) => Eve (Old Woman)
Mary (New Woman) => Jesus (New Man)

3) Have you heard of the titles: co-redemtrix and co-mediator of graces? It's not due to Christ's masculinity that he is worshiped and she is venerated. It is due to his DIVINITY. If anything, it explains the massive superiority complex men have had throughout the ages. While men have the same inherent worth and dignity as women, men might simply be inferior when it comes to naturally living well, and even God knew it! If he is going to redeem humanity as the weakest of humans... gotta go with the male version!  Big Grin I had never thought of that before. Thanks!

4) I agree that most every religion has treated women that way in different ways and at different times. Is it inherent to their revealed understanding of humanity? I don't think so.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? - by Ignorant - December 2, 2016 at 11:32 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1969 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 8394 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2289 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1107 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 3538 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5350 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2944 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 2052 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  [Serious] Why I consider Atheists the Dumbest of the Dumb theMadJW 63 8490 May 13, 2020 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 14255 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie