Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 12:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist?
RE: Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist?
I'm going to quote Arno Dorian and Ezio Auditore here (Assassin's Creed)

Quote:"The Creed of the Assassin Brotherhood teaches us that nothing is forbidden to us. Once, I thought that meant we were free to do as we would. To pursue our ideals, no matter the cost. I understand now. Not a grant of permission. The Creed is a warning. Ideals too easily give way to dogma. Dogma becomes fanaticism. No higher power sits in judgement of us. No supreme being watches to punish us for our sins. In the end, only we ourselves can guard against our obsessions. Only we can decide whether the road we walk carries too high a toll. We believe ourselves redeemers, avengers, saviours. We make war on those who oppose us, and they in turn make war on us. We dream of leaving our stamp upon the world... even as we give our lives in a conflict that will be recorded in no history book. All that we do, all that we are, begins and ends with ourselves"

Quote:"Twenty-two years ago, I stood where I stand now – and watched my loved ones die, betrayed by those I had called friends. Vengeance clouded my mind. It would have consumed me, were it not for the wisdom of a few strangers, who taught me to look past my instincts. They never preached answers, but guided me to learn from myself. We don't need anyone to tell us what to do; not Savonarola, not the Medici. We are free to follow our own path. There are those who will take that freedom from us, and too many of you gladly give it. But it is our ability to choose – whatever you think is true – that makes us human... There is no book or teacher to give you the answers, to show you the path. Choose your own way! Do not follow me, or anyone else."

In a nutshell, I'm not going to waste my time telling you why you should become an Atheist. I'm an Atheist because there is no proof for any of the religions but that doesn't mean I'm immoral. If you believe that you need faith, go ahead, believe whatever the hell you want.
"I am against religion because it teaches you to be satisfied with not understanding the world" - Richard Dawkins

BIBLE - Blatant Intellectually Bankrupt Lies and Evil

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? - by Incognito - December 11, 2016 at 4:57 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1957 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 8285 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2264 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1087 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 3470 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5334 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2924 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 2032 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  [Serious] Why I consider Atheists the Dumbest of the Dumb theMadJW 63 8448 May 13, 2020 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 14144 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie