Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 7:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who else is going to see Rogue One, the next Star Wars movie soon?
RE: Who else is going to see Rogue One, the next Star Wars movie soon?
(December 20, 2016 at 4:45 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote:
(December 20, 2016 at 4:25 pm)Orochi Wrote: as for the milking true but your setting needs a sense history and like it or not the original characters even in universe big players in it but yeah I like the fact there expanding which Is why despite all it's occasional weirdness I liked the EU

Are they though? The Republic was around for like 20,000 years, the Empire lasted what, 25-30 years max? And then they got their ass handed to them. They're really not a big deal on the scale of the setting.
Soldiers can't shoot straight, all their ground vehicles have long goofy legs and are easily toppled with the application of some rope, their doomsday weapons keep blowing up, and they were somehow defeated in battle by a vastly technologically inferior enemy - like stone age era.

Yes in terms of time scale but talking about in scale influence long after died it's influence on the galaxy was huge .I.mperial outpost were used by the new republic as well as imperial ship designs. Huge leaps in technology were developed by the empire especially starship tech. And tons of new hyper space lanes were discovered

As for stormtroopers one common mistake people make is that in most of the firefights in the OT the stormtroopers were ordered to miss. they were corralling not killing. As is countered by the death of the jawas in a new hope if they were trying the team trying to rescue leia would be dead hundred times over.

As for AT ST walkers it's infact really hard to take one down the snowspeeders  in ESB used cables normally used to direct massive cargo ships in planetary atmospheres so there built to take massive strain 

Depending on canon in legends the only reason luke was able to blow up the death star one was because he used the force to direct the torpedo. Otherwise it would have been impossible. As for the second death star it was blown up because it wasn't finished and was never really intended to be it was just bait to lure the rebels into a conventional battle.

As for the defeat on the moon of endor it's because ewoks are ungodly killing machines with the wookie level strength and horrendous savagery and highly cannibalistic tendencies.(take a guess what happened to all the imperial prisoners after the battle) They also had home advantage and took the imperials by surprise.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who else is going to see Rogue One, the next Star Wars movie soon? - by Amarok - December 20, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek films LinuxGal 78 6679 December 29, 2022 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 2156 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Star Wars - does it have a future? The Valkyrie 129 13787 May 9, 2020 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Horrific Scene in Star Trek: Picard AFTT47 44 4122 February 23, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Star Trek - seen them all? onlinebiker 22 1946 February 6, 2020 at 5:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Star Trek: Picard - Way Better then I had Hoped AFTT47 17 1443 January 29, 2020 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3546 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 822 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1412 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 363 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127