Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek films
Star Trek films
StarTrek films from best to worst, Your Warp Mileage May Vary

The Wrath of Khan
The Voyage Home
The Search for Spock
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
The Undiscovered Country
First Contact
Generations
Star Trek
Star Trek Beyond
Star Trek Into Darkness
The Final Frontier
Insurrection
Nemesis
RE: Star Trek films
The one with the whales.

All the other ones.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My list is that I would put the old ST movies first, some of which I enjoyed. Then the TNG ones about which I didn't care (heck, even the screenwriter of "Generations" apologized for that movie).

Then come the JJ movies which seemed to have gone completely bonkers. They lack the core of what ST is (intelligent dialogs and interesting conflicts that push the story forward) and are all about being modern action movies. That is why I would put even "The Final Frontier" above JJ-verse.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
You people know dick.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 19, 2022 at 6:35 pm)Angrboda Wrote: You people know dick.

What?! How dare you?! I was never insulted more in my life.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I have never watched a Star Trek movie and don't plan on it.

The cardboard sets on the TV show, back in the day, were enough for me, thanks.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 19, 2022 at 6:24 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: My list is that I would put the old ST movies first, some of which I enjoyed. Then the TNG ones about which I didn't care (heck, even the screenwriter of "Generations" apologized for that movie).

Then come the JJ movies which seemed to have gone completely bonkers. They lack the core of what ST is (intelligent dialogs and interesting conflicts that push the story forward) and are all about being modern action movies. That is why I would put even "The Final Frontier" above JJ-verse.

I wanted to put Stubbing My Toe on the Coffee Table between Insurrection and Nemesis but that's not actually a Star Trek film.
The wrath of Khan is no doubt the best movie ever to bear the name Star Trek. But honestly, it is not a Star Trek movie.   it’s a nautical action drama shot was Star Trek props.  It had a foundation plagiarized from Patrick O’brian’s Aubrey/Maturin series, with a layer of strained quotations from Moby Dick resting disconformably on top.
(November 19, 2022 at 4:38 pm)LinuxGal Wrote: StarTrek films from best to worst, Your Warp Mileage May Vary

The Wrath of Khan
The Voyage Home
The Search for Spock
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
The Undiscovered Country
First Contact
Generations
Star Trek
Star Trek Beyond
Star Trek Into Darkness
The Final Frontier
Insurrection
Nemesis
I have a different list though not really best to worst more what liked about each one.

First Contact (The battle at sector 001 was awesome and the sovereign class kicks ass)

[Image: 47184_6.jpg]

The Wrath of Khan ( Do I really need to explain why)
[Image: 4db861d55fcd2674d1165a01d3a0d675--funny-...things.jpg]

The Undiscovered Country (love the whole plot about Kirk having to deal with the concept of change and Sulu is a captain now ....Hell Yes.)

The Voyage Home ( I find the fish out of water elements in this movie funny also I like the idea of Aliens trying to contact life other than humans for once)

The Search for Spock ( I get to watch Klingon Doc Brown and Captain Kirk throw down. )

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (For all the weird pacing and dry plot the special effects in this movie are awesome)

The Final Frontier ( Spock shoots God ...)

Insurrection (It has this scene)

Nemesis (i don't care what anyone says I think the Scmintar looks awesome)

[Image: 2jhky47.jpg]
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

My favorites.

Wrath Of Khan. Needs no explanation.

First Contact. Resistance is futile! The Borg. I'm a doctor, not a doorstop. Deanna, you're drunk.

Generations. Malcolm McDowell. Kirk's career ends. An emotional android.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars - does it have a future? The Valkyrie 129 13106 May 9, 2020 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Horrific Scene in Star Trek: Picard AFTT47 44 3942 February 23, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Star Trek - seen them all? onlinebiker 22 1839 February 6, 2020 at 5:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Star Trek: Picard - Way Better then I had Hoped AFTT47 17 1335 January 29, 2020 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Jeep Wrangler 1 star Euro NCAP safety rating! ignoramus 2 457 December 9, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Star Trek (this can't be right) Foxaèr 46 7063 July 13, 2018 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics. Whateverist 105 15919 January 2, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Star Trek Discovery Sucks Mechaghostman2 23 3646 December 23, 2017 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Gotye -Star Wars ignoramus 1 460 June 8, 2017 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: snerie
  Star Wars: The Force Accelerated Jehanne 1 607 December 30, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish