Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video]
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video]
(February 17, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Drich Wrote: This is the same Approach I took with God. Only a fool would deny what billions claim to have experienced concerning God. We can start with an assumption something exists out there beyond us, and leave it opened as just that. We can research it. first by examining what God says about himself and what other experience and then weed out truth from hope narrative as both the bible and conflicting stories can not be true. We can also take God up on any promises He has given us to test Him and see if he is not the God of the Bible. (but again His terms not our own)

Well, so god is a popularity contest?  If billions believe in other deities, how can you deny them?  And examining what god sais to prove god is illogical. And how can you test god?

(February 17, 2017 at 10:48 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(February 17, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Drich Wrote: the same can be said about gravity or radio waves or really any unseen force the majority of the masses knows very little about. Again God in this instance is no different. For in the instance of radio waves you have no idea of their presence or activity until someone one told you about them and two showed you how to access them. Your specific knowledge nor anyone else specific knowledge of a certain band with or specific frequency has anything to do with it's existence. So then i challenge you to explain how this is any different that someone with little to know knowledge of God?
We can prove radio waves exist.  We have evidence of them. You would be an idiot to believe in radio waves without looking up the evidence. It's amazing that you can't grasp this simple concept.

(February 17, 2017 at 10:48 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(February 17, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Drich Wrote: :Roflol: your thoughts concerning Muslims and technology has betrayed any hope for you to be seen as an 'evidence based 'thinker.' You my misinformed or simply confused atheist are a follower of key words. The word 'evidence' is one of them. Preface or pepper a ridiculous statement/theory with the word 'evidence' and you will ba ba baaack this source through the gates of Hell! You are who you think most christians to be.

Where did I reference Muslims or technology?  And everyone know what evidence is, and what evidence i'm talking about.

is their a reason for that or are you just openly willing to embrace bigotry and prejudice?

Is there a reason you think that?

What is 'enough evidence?' What does evidence of God look like to you? how much would be enough?
who says? God provides evidence to all who A/S/K for it.

Again, bullshit answers.  How about any objective evidence for the miracles in the bible.  Like the walking corpses, etc.  But I'm sure you have just the evidence.

what a simpleton.. Take away the written history of the united states and you got nothing... Take away an linch pin in a people's history and you've got nothing. that is how assimilation of cultures works you friggen morn. Take away a people's histroy and you get to decide who they become. But, here's the thing sport, we do have the bible despite man's best efforts in and out of governments and religion to obliterate it. Instead of talking in what if we didn't have the bible maybe learn to look into all the effort expended in histroy to take the bible from man, and how each and every attempt has failed. Then look at the patterns of failure and tell me if you see something that repeats/protects God's word.

Fuck off.  Obliterate the bible?  You're an idiot. European and America was built on killing whoever didn't toe the line on what was believed in
the bible.  More fake persecution stories. And all of that says NOTHING about the bible being anything but a bunch of stories.

And why not? if most of you were honest, the reason you all do not want to believe is to either poke or be poked in the bung, or look at pictures of this happening to someone else on line.. So then why can't i be afforded a similar trivial reason to want to believe God? Such as I found the promise God made to reveal Himself and I followed the path laid out and found God waiting for me right where the bible said He would be.
Sure there are sport they are just rename "Medical anomalies" so people like you do not have to keep up at night having to reconcile all that they know and believe 'science' to determine, with what sometimes happens despite the direction 'science' has predetermined.

If you were honest, you wouldn't be a christian.

Just picked one thing from this wall of mess; If the united states had no history I'd know the untied states still exist, Wanna know how? Because there are about a dozen other ways to verify The United States exists.

Speaking of places, Tyre also still exists, Odd that.

Any evidence of the US existing is history.  You're a loon.  And who gives a fuck about Tyre?
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

Messages In This Thread
If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by robvalue - February 2, 2017 at 5:55 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by robvalue - February 2, 2017 at 12:54 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Chad32 - February 2, 2017 at 1:08 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Chad32 - February 2, 2017 at 1:58 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 2, 2017 at 2:20 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by MTL - February 9, 2017 at 3:31 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 10, 2017 at 11:39 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by MTL - February 16, 2017 at 2:55 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 16, 2017 at 10:44 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 17, 2017 at 11:12 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 9, 2017 at 11:32 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Cecelia - February 2, 2017 at 6:49 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by brewer - February 2, 2017 at 6:56 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by brewer - February 2, 2017 at 7:54 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Cecelia - February 2, 2017 at 7:57 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by brewer - February 2, 2017 at 8:54 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Foxaèr - February 3, 2017 at 3:26 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 17, 2017 at 4:11 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Athene - February 17, 2017 at 9:00 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Nay_Sayer - February 17, 2017 at 10:48 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Harry Nevis - February 20, 2017 at 10:18 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 20, 2017 at 12:16 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 20, 2017 at 10:50 am
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 20, 2017 at 4:12 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 22, 2017 at 1:38 pm
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] - by Drich - February 23, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 815 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3651 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 7251 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8483 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
Video New video: space, time and anger robvalue 15 3081 March 6, 2016 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Lets talk about sex. loganonekenobi 56 10445 September 2, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Oh, You Talk to God, That’s Cool! I Need Some Answers Salacious B. Crumb 40 10852 August 20, 2015 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 20318 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Prospect: god wants me to play for Seattle Tonus 4 1286 February 24, 2014 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The 'Proof' Christians Don't Talk About Mystical 39 12131 January 8, 2014 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Mystical