Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence
11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence
Quote:11-year-old William Maillis is making headlines this weekend after graduating from St. Petersburg College in Florida with an “associate in arts degree.” He’s now a college graduate at the same time other kids his age are preparing to enter middle school. No small feat.

This fall, he’ll start taking classes at the University of South Florida with the hopes of pursuing a career in astrophysics… and he has a couple of very clear goals in mind. First, he wants a Ph.D.

Then there’s this:

“I want to prove that God does exist through science,” William said, his robed father [an Orthodox priest] looking on. “So that the world can know.”

The article continued:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...m=facebook
RE: 11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence
From the article

Quote:But as he continues his studies, there will undoubtedly be a time when he faces some serious conflicts between the realities of the universe and the fiction of his faith. I wonder how strong that passion for science will be when his driving goal disappears.

Aye it would be mighty interesting to see what this loon is at ten years hence.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
RE: 11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence
He's 11 now. $100 says he'll be an atheist by the time he's done with astrophysics.
Quote:So you need to be really cautious about surveys that ask religious people if they’ve been behaving in the way they are supposed to. If they feel social pressure to fudge the truth a little, they will – they’re only human, after all.

Big Grin
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
I thought graduating from college was supposed to make you godless. Also 11 years old? Who lets an 11 year old go to college?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(July 22, 2018 at 6:02 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I thought graduating from college was supposed to make you godless. Also 11 years old? Who lets an 11 year old go to college?

Revenge of the Nerds
The kid's an asshole.
OP: The programming is strong in this one.

Somebody, quick, find him a 14 year old girl!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 22, 2018 at 5:51 pm)Succubus Wrote: From the article

Quote:But as he continues his studies, there will undoubtedly be a time when he faces some serious conflicts between the realities of the universe and the fiction of his faith. I wonder how strong that passion for science will be when his driving goal disappears.

Aye it would be mighty interesting to see what this loon is at ten years hence.

The crisis is not going to be when he realises religion is bullshit, but when he realises that gulling his parishoners* is more profitable & less work than sticking to his integrity.

The father's an orthodox priest, that's a hereditary position.
He needs to be captured and sacrificed to the Lord Satan. Such people might endanger our Lord Plans.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 8906 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2679 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 32576 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4080 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Predictions for the new year zebo-the-fat 15 1618 March 9, 2020 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3497 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10750 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Every f-ing year JWs knock on my door. Brian37 62 5386 July 10, 2019 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1119 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1863 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger