Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, You Talk to God, That’s Cool! I Need Some Answers
I’m sure most of us, atheists, would like to talk to god at least one time in our lives, but he never seems to reveal himself to us.

Why doesn’t god tell the people that talk to him, that subscribe to other religions, that they need to convert to christianity? How come god lets them go to hell, by not telling them that jesus is their savior? How do you know that they’re not talking to god, and you’re talking to yourself? They’re just as convinced as you that they are talking to god, and of course god tells them to convert others to their religion, just like you.

God commands people to kill other people in the Old Testament. How do you know god isn’t talking to ISIS, and telling them to kill other tribes of people? You don’t. You’re assuming that’s not occurring, because it doesn’t concur with your book of bullshit.

By your standards of evidence (pure gullibility), if you thought prayer has been successful for you in the past, it has worked for every other person that was praying, while practicing a different faith than you, as well. Why does your jealous god answer prayers for people in other religions, instead of putting them to death for worshipping false gods? Going by the stories of the bible, you’d think that there would only be one religion on this earth, if the bible was true. A few thousand years ago, god cared so much when people didn’t worship him, that he commanded Moses to massacre people that didn’t worship the correct version of him, but in present-day reality, he longer does that. Why did the unchanging god change his strategy from massacring people, to doing absolutely nothing?

If you actually talked to god, you’d be able to put forth a cogent justification for your god, and who knows.. MAYBE, actually provide proof of its existence. You’d think that your amazingly intelligent god would actually make you smarter, and not cause you to constantly spew fallacious bullshit, by trying to shift the burden of proof on others as your argument. Is your god that evil that he doesn’t want to convert us, although many of us are open to new evidence? Your god almost seems like he wants to send most people on this planet to hell. How loving of him. Or, is your god just that pathetic and can’t persuade an atheist while speaking through you? All you people that talk to him, send him my way, I’ll be happy to talk to your version of god.

Also, I can’t just have faith in your conversations with god, because you have deluded yourself so much that you can’t see that god’s voice, is just your thoughts. I can’t delude myself either, by thinking thoughts in my head, are voices from god, because I’ve put these ‘voices’ to the test years ago in testable experiments (like you should do), and at least half the time they failed. As a reasonable human being, I could no longer believe that I was talking to a loving, omniscient god. Based on the evidence I gathered, I had to conclude that I was talking to myself.

Care to address any of these logical questions or statements? Many would like to know if he exists or not. That doesn’t change the fact, that most of us, still, won’t worship it, but it would be nice if it dropped by once, and did one thing that would prove its existence to us. Why would that be so hard? Jesus did it for Thomas in the storybook, why not in real life? Or, maybe, you people who claim to talk to god, are full of shit, but I’m all ears to your new argument, evidence of god’s existence, or to hear why I’m wrong in my argument.

Also, one more thing.. I ran into another verse that people usually don’t talk about very much recently, and since I’m 99.999% sure god won’t answer my question, maybe you theists that talk to god can tell me why this is.

Lev 12:1-5 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Say to the Israelites: ‘A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. 3 On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised. 4 Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. 5 If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding.

Why does god think that when a woman gives birth to a girl that she is to be considered unclean for double the amount of time rather than if she gave birth to a boy? Why are women considered unclean after they’ve given birth?
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
RE: Oh, You Talk to God, That’s Cool! I Need Some Answers
Maybe, some christians will be brave or kind enough to help me out.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
I'll get the crickets, Sal

git in the box, lil basterds Angry
I'm a Mormon is that ok? As far as "hearing" an actual voice, no never heard it. But some say they think he speaks by telling them things like a conscious does. But sorry I've never had the pleasure to hear a voice. I would probably admit myself if I do!! Lol
(August 18, 2015 at 1:38 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: I'll get the crickets, Sal

git in the box, lil basterds Angry

Thanks Vic, but there's already plenty here. Big Grin

But, some may still be open to the challenge.
(August 18, 2015 at 3:48 pm)80sChild Wrote: I'm a Mormon is that ok? As far as  "hearing" an actual voice, no never heard it. But some say they think he speaks by telling them things like a conscious does. But sorry I've never had the pleasure to hear a voice.   I would probably admit myself if I do!! Lol

To address your question, most of the time, the answer is going to be No. Unless you keep your religion completely to yourself, then I'm going to say, Nope. Not that I dislike you as a person, but bad things happen when you force religion on your kids or anybody else. Relationships get ruined all over a book of man-made stories. Some people, when they take their religion too seriously, they feel the need to kill people over it, and the list goes on and on. I'm sure you don't need to hear anymore about that, but I'm glad you don't hear voices.

Feel free to address some of my logic, if you feel it's flawed, or you think you can give a straight answer on some of my concerns. Thanks.

And, yes, there's a few people here who claim to talk to god, so I thought I'd ask them.
It's a really strange phenomenon...

They are so scared of death that they convince them self their own thoughts are voice of god.

Then, they are not scared anymore, god now exists, which means there is an afterlife ...

Because they are not scared anymore, some of them even drive planes into buildings.

Weird  Undecided
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
(August 18, 2015 at 3:48 pm)80sChild Wrote: I'm a Mormon is that ok? As far as "hearing" an actual voice, no never heard it. But some say they think he speaks by telling them things like a conscious does. But sorry I've never had the pleasure to hear a voice. I would probably admit myself if I do!! Lol

Did you ever consider the reason you don't hear a voice is because there is no God/Allah/Yaweh talking at all? And those who claim they do won't admit they either cop out to metaphor, or literally have a mental defect causing neurological missfire in the brain?
(August 18, 2015 at 4:24 pm)FifthElement Wrote: Because they are not scared anymore, some of them even drive planes into buildings.

Weird  Undecided

All because god tells them to, however, with others, god says that they should love one another and not do harm to each other.

Possibilities: a) There are multiple gods talking to these people b) There are no gods talking to these people c) Some people actually are talking to god, and god doesn't care about the others trying to talk to him

What happens is, people try to seek him, and many, if not all, become deluded, because they all hear different garbage.. I'd like to think if I was god, I'd let people know that I exist at least once, and then leave it up to them, if they wanted a "relationship" with me.
(August 18, 2015 at 4:27 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 18, 2015 at 3:48 pm)80sChild Wrote: I'm a Mormon is that ok? As far as "hearing" an actual voice, no never heard it. But some say they think he speaks by telling them things like a conscious does. But sorry I've never had the pleasure to hear a voice. I would probably admit myself if I do!! Lol

Did you ever consider the reason you don't hear a voice is because there is no God/Allah/Yaweh talking at all? And those who claim they do won't admit they either cop out to metaphor, or literally have a mental defect causing neurological missfire in the brain?

Well if there's not a God I don't want to know. It's something that has always been part of my life and would hate to lose it real or not. So no I do not want to admit anything cus I can't be sure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3350 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The absurd need for logical proofs for God R00tKiT 225 13890 December 31, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1361 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why you all need others, to believe? LastPoet 24 3809 December 26, 2019 at 10:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 6957 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?.... Chad32 54 11586 November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Answers to "if god did not exist" Foxaèr 25 8906 June 2, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Christian in need of help (feeling uneasy about God quote)!! MellisaClarke 99 30686 May 29, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] robvalue 55 8136 February 23, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Post your favorite examples of religion trying to be "cool" Bunburryist 6 1087 August 22, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: Faith No More