Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets talk about sex.
Lets talk about sex.
Finaly found the post thread button. Now you're in for it.http://atheistforums.org/images/smilies/fsm-grin.gif

The thread is catchy don't you think but can you think of a place in our lives that is more invaded by religion than sex?
I'dd like to hear the various thoughts on why it is that the creator of all the universe (if your are a believer) would care what our sex lives involved.
It's is a hot topic not only in the christian religion but also in every major faith in the world.
Why do you think that is?
If you are a practitioner of said religions that tightly funnle sex into procreation only in special relationships then how does that affect your life. Practitioner or not we are all still human. I don't recall God giving me any special ability to deal with temptation when it cam to desire when i was a Christian.
If you are not a believer then why would the clever deity creating man want to control the sex of others?
What purpose do you think it serves to limit sexual behavior beyond what is sensible ei: use protection so as to avoid unpleasant things like pregnancy and disease?
In the culture i grew up in I questioned why it was that a man who had lots of sex was a "stud" (positive connotation) but a woman who did the same thing was a "slut" (negative connotation). It seemed that in this day and age where birth control and disease prevention are prevalent that such terms need no longer apply to any gender.
Maybe you other more historicaly educated people can answer why this culture/thought still persists. Do you think religion has something to do with it?
RE: Lets talk about sex.
Religions always seek to control sex because it is THE primal human urge, and as such it represents a threat to the control religions seek to exert; so they make rules about it backed up with unfalsifiable threats in order to inflict guilt upon believers and prevent them from enjoying their human nature free of religious domination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPpeC_GW0cg
Having sex is as natural as eating and breathing. It is literally your (biological) purpose in life.

Religions who oppose bi/homosexuality also want to control heterosexuals (Get married, don't use protection, etc).

They make their followers feel guilty not just for having sex, but even for wanting sex.

And it turns out that religious people are just as likely to have sex as atheists, they just feel guilty afterwards.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. ~ George Bernard Shaw
Reminds me of a definition of what an intellectual is that I've heard: A person who has found at least one thing they find more interesting than sex.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(Why is this in the intro section?)

See, what religion does is convince you that, by your very nature, you're fucking repugnant. You're filthy, and disgusting, and your needs and urges are dirty and should never be acted upon, or you'll become an animal. It tells you you're sick and diseased, and then announces that it has the only cure to your illness of being born. It grabs you by your dick. Both figuratively and literally.

It's about control.
(August 22, 2015 at 3:57 am)Neimenovic Wrote: It's about control.

And we all know how that works:

[Image: 2qcjqeq.jpg]
Sex is a commodity - if it's unrestricted, nobody is making money. If you have the power to forbid people from having sex freely, you can sell "tickets" - marriage licenses. Not only that but you can make people jump through hoops out of guilt and shame, for whatever sexual transgressions - real or imaginary - they may have committed.

Another - and possibly even more important - contributing factor is that one of the things primitive males fear the most is raising a "bastard". Considering that paternity tests and reliable contraception are very recent inventions and that almost all religions have been constructed by primitive males in order to serve their agendas - it's a small wonder, that religions are obsessed with women's chastity and fidelity.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Yeah, that's it! Religion is the cause of my dry spell.

***Women of earth, release the guilt that has been planted in you by religion, and also think of some things to talk about- my social skills are shit.***

I wonder if the chieftains of the wandering tribes had some sort of final say on sex. How early on was controlling sex a benefit?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(August 22, 2015 at 3:57 am)Neimenovic Wrote: (Why is this in the intro section?)

See, what religion does is convince you that, by your very nature, you're fucking repugnant. You're filthy, and disgusting, and your needs and urges are dirty and should never be acted upon, or you'll become an animal. It tells you you're sick and diseased, and then announces that it has the only cure to your illness of being born. It grabs you by your dick. Both figuratively and literally.

It's about control.

it's in the into section because i cant find"post thread" any other place on the site. I've asked several times how to post threads but got no instructions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets say that tomorow it will be proven that God doesn't exist , religion will fade , notimportant1234 54 11017 October 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] robvalue 55 7993 February 23, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Lust, sex, random thought PETE_ROSE 295 29208 August 23, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Oh, You Talk to God, That’s Cool! I Need Some Answers Salacious B. Crumb 40 10524 August 20, 2015 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Gay teen forced to sex his mother Foxaèr 56 17356 June 9, 2015 at 10:21 am
Last Post: comet
  Religion Ruining Sex Mental Outlaw 42 5171 February 3, 2015 at 9:19 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Same-sex marriage is stealing rights from God Foxaèr 52 13343 July 27, 2014 at 8:33 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  The 'Proof' Christians Don't Talk About Mystical 39 11868 January 8, 2014 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Big Surprise: Sex And Alcohol Make You Happier Than Kids And Religion, Study Finds Gooders1002 2 2894 May 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Talk about crazy religions A_Nony_Mouse 5 2669 May 8, 2013 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Cato