Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 5:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism?
RE: Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism?
(April 1, 2017 at 8:34 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(April 1, 2017 at 6:21 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I was born at night, just not last night. Been at this for 16 years.  "Generic" is a temporary tactic to distract to eventually draw you back to their specific club/deity when they cant make a direct appeal, "Am not arguing my club". 

Ok fine.

Science=generic "deistic"  God/god still suffers the same problem still competing with those with a particular named club. 

Still the same lack of evidence as the specific Allah/Yahweh/Jesus/Buddha/Brahama. 

Now what?

Brian,

It doesn't matter what you imagine are my tactics, intentions, or motivations.  Because yet again, this is just a diversion away from the argument.   Perhaps you prefer to argue for what you imagine, rather than what is being said.   It does make it easier to knock down.

Quote:Code for "I don't have to explain to you why I reject all those others".

Again you are making up, and putting words in my mouth.  (My guess is because is, because you don't want to deal with what is actually being said).  I won't speak for the others, but at the moment, I don't want to follow a red herring to a different topic.  Some would use this, to avoid the particular conclusions being discussed at the moment.

Quote:Not on a message board no. But in a real lab compare and contrast are what control groups are for, and what independent peer review is for, IN A REAL LAB. You without realizing it,or flat out lying and don't care, are suffering from selection bias and sample rate error. I could care less if you want to now cop out to a "generic god".

No the reason you rejection all those other claims besides your own personal belief is that you, like everyone else is not willing to admit it still ultimately amounts to "I like my own personal position". Yea, so what. So do most of the 7 billion humans with all sorts of specific or, "generic" god beliefs. Your position is very relevant just like anyone else trying to say science points to their personal claim. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts. So again, if you had anything, it could be neutrally compared without your own personal bias creeping in. So if you are truly being objective you and you think you are on the right track, you should not be afraid of using those other claims as part of a larger sample to compare to. If you compare your own claim as part of a larger sample and others can replicate the same data/method and come to the same conclusion, then you prove yourself right. Being stuck in your own echo chamber proves nothing.

Just a note, but the topics we are discussing aren't done in a lab.   And yet again, you feel the need to tell me my reasons, and ignore the ones I and others have given.....  You seem to imagine a lot of reasons, to avoid this topic.  I don't even believe you understand what it is yet.

Of course these arguments are not done in a lab, because if you could do that, you wouldn't be here mentally masturbating trying to convince yourself you are right. You could literally take your claim to a lab compare your claim to a large sample of competing claims with control groups, and have your data/method replicated and they would see the same thing you do. 

The only reason you are here is that some slick people did the wrong thing and brought their personal bias into it and you fell for it because when they sold it to you it sounded good to you. Now you want to spread your "good news", and again, so what, everyone has "scientists" of every religion that think science points to their pet position. 

Neutrality isn't mental masturbation on  website. Facts get determined when you are willing to have a large sample rate and control groups get confirmed by others outside your own personal position.

You are here in reality to confirm your own bias, you either are lying or deluded and unwittingly falling for your own wishful thinking. 

If science were pointing to an old mythology or even a "generic" deity then it could be easily proven by all claimers competing to agree on a neutral lab and neutral method and all claimants would be willing to hand it over for confirmation beyond their own control which is what peer review is.

This website is not a lab, so if you really want to prove us wrong, find one and use it, but do not expect us to simply swallow because you use science lingo while trying to argue your position, every religion does this. If you are not going to do that, again, we are going to treat you no differently than we would anyone else.

How about you go get your claim universally confirmed worldwide then we will consider your findings. But don't cry about how we are treating you bad. Our position would be the same no matter the specific or "generic".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Theists: What is the most compelling argument you have heard for Atheism? - by Brian37 - April 1, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 5415 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42247 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17899 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 17087 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 23 7881 November 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Baha'i Faith, have you heard of it? Foxaèr 22 3355 October 23, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Should Theists have the burden of proof at the police and court? Vast Vision 16 5328 July 10, 2017 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 23432 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  What do you think of this argument for God? SuperSentient 140 19585 March 19, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Theists: would you view the truth? robvalue 154 19097 December 25, 2016 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated