Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baha'i Faith, have you heard of it?
Baha'i Faith, have you heard of it?
I never heard of it until I came across this forum.

Baha'i Faith
Quote:The Bahá'í Faith (Persian: بهائی‎‎ Bahā'i) is a religion teaching the essential worth of all religions, and the unity and equality of all people.[1] Established by Bahá'u'lláh in 1863, it initially grew in the Middle East and now has between 5 and 7 million adherents, known as Bahá'ís, spread out into most of the world's countries and territories, with the highest concentration in Iran.[2][3]

Of course, I do not place any more stock in Baha'i than I do other religious faiths, but the forum I mentioned above has a good number of people following the Baha'i Faith and posting about it.

It makes me wonder if we have ever had a Baha'i post here on our forum.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Baha'i Faith, have you heard of it?
Met some when I was in the Navy. Don't remember anything but the name. Never was too impressed.
Thin veneer of civility on top of the same old horrid shit....with the added bonus of cult behavior not often found in other arbahamic spinoffs. Muslim Mormons. Yeah, we've had em.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
We had one kid/family in town when I was growing up that claimed Bahai. He tried to explain his religion to me at one time and when he got to the "miracle of the execution" that's when I stopped paying attention. 

Wish he would have started with it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Never met one, but there used to be a San Diego Padre baseballer that subscribed to the faith. I've never understood what they are about.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Yes, I read most of their scriptures.
I've heard of it.

More shitheads.
Yes I have heard of it, but really doesn't matter to me which one someone is claiming, "faith" is the willful act of not questioning, and our species never would have left the caves if we didn't question.
By a strange coincidence, there's a new video in my YT subscriptions called "What do Bahá'ís believe?" I haven't watched it yet. Am I missing much?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Their way over explicit nature of scripture made me appreciate the implicit wise nature of the Quran.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 3870 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1249 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 934 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 10967 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 12267 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Faith industry Graufreud 8 829 August 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My faith is on hold. Mystic 16 4198 May 3, 2018 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Do Christians have faith in oxygen/air? MellisaClarke 83 13261 January 3, 2018 at 6:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33099 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  What is "FAITH" deceptive_illusion 583 204063 October 29, 2017 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: LastPoet