Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 11:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no doubt a god, the question is what is it?
RE: There is no doubt a god, the question is what is it?
(April 9, 2017 at 12:52 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(April 9, 2017 at 12:40 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:  choose their own path? 

This is the height of evil and arrogance, because choosing your own path when you see everyone on different paths and know you won't reach the truth that way, is the height of arrogance, to think you can do it without guidance from a Guide is the height of arrogance. Thinking is good, but it should not cause you to feel no need to listen to others, and certainly, not cause you to feel no need to give holy books a chance to guide you.

Quote:With all due respect to your beliefs, given the existence of people who do not think in a theistic/religious manner, then how can the teachings and messages of any religion have any meaning or value to them? 

Did you see the working backward approach I talked about?   Yes if you aren't going to give a God a chance to talk to humanity and say he has to talk to you directly or say believers have to prove him before I give him a chance of guiding me to himself by a book from him and leaders appointed by him, then yes it won't apply.

But the best arguments for God's existence and all the answers you seek for guidance, who is more fit to do that but God who knows the secrets of all the hearts and the inner talents they all have as well as their spiritual sickness and evils?

You don't have to assume Quran is true to come to it neutrally, you don't have to come to it neutrally to give it a shot, but you should be truthful to yourself and not be haste in concluding things. The same goes for any holy book.

There is indeed proofs in ourselves and in the horizons, and the book manifests those proofs and guides us by them.  There is some solid arguments for the oneness of God I would never ever have thought about where it not for the Quran.

The Quran indeed contains clear proofs and the best arguments for God in my view. It also contains clear guidance for the structure of his religion in all times, the Archetype design that is there in all times, and shows the perfection of his plan in sealing revelations, protecting the final reminder, and establishing a link to him in form of a book coupled with leaders who guide by his command.

Even if you don't know God exists, you may want to see arguments against Deism. Because a lot of Atheists will say, if God exists, it does no difference, because if they found out, they would just believe a Deistic God.

Well Quran has arguments against Deism, polytheism, and Atheism. 

The thing is if you can disprove polytheism, you naturally will prove Theism. So the arguments against polytheism in many places are in fact arguments for God and his existence. Why he can't have equals why he is to be valued with utmost love and value with everything pailing to the value.

If you understand why an absolute perspective is needed for real objective value of our personhood to exist, you would understand something at least. Then it just becomes a matter of believing you have objective value or not. Seeing the link you are created by, the vision that maintains you.2

Evil is thinking the world owes you. The world doesn't owe you or me shit. This planet was around long before humans and it will be around long after we go extinct.

The only thing right now humans DO owe each other is accepting nobody owns a monopoly on our planet. The only thing humans owe each other is to foster cooperation and non violence and more stability for more workers. But outside that you are not the center of the planet, nor is your religion. I am not the center of the planet either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: There is no doubt a god, the question is what is it? - by Brian37 - April 9, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1506 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3640 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7228 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3768 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Is Trump absolute Proof that there's no loving god? The Valkyrie 16 3517 February 22, 2017 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A simple God question if I may. ignoramus 28 5740 February 17, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Question's for God. ScienceAf 315 34286 September 20, 2016 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Expired
  Question from my friend about existence of God timbangu 33 8225 November 3, 2015 at 2:38 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Question for Theists: The Proble with Thanking God Rhondazvous 43 9294 October 25, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  If there was a religion, what kind of God would you want? coolfunkDJ 32 6009 February 15, 2015 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: tantric