Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 7:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My experience in a Moon church/organization (korean religion)
My experience in a Moon church/organization (korean religion)
Like 2 years ago, I met some japanese/korean missionaires. They invited me to their house, where everyone, men and women, live for the time they are here. Since I like Japan, I wanted to learn more about their culture. First days I visited them, we did normal activities such as eating japanese/korean food, japanese games, etc, etc. It was an incredible experience. Some time later, I went to sleep there. It was a trick. They made me spend some in a seminar time listening to a woman talking about their religion. It was still fun anyway. I did not want to lose their friendship, so I just went along with it. I was honest with them, and told them I was an atheist. They didnt really have a problem, since they kept inviting me to their house. I had to read 1 hour of their holy book with a partner sometimes, though. I just played dumb, and read it  a few times. 

Now we start getting to the interesting part. I was not a member of the Church, but a member of a sub-organization called "HEROES". We go to pick up trash on the beaches, visit orphanages, etc. My friendship with the missionaires was great, but the President of the organization called "CARP" and  a member of the Church in Korea and in my country, did not like me because I am an atheist. One they we were going to some thermal waters, and before leaving, he mentioned that since I am an atheist, I would be capable of having sex on the streets like an animal (religious logic: not believing in God implies having sex on the streets  Rolleyes ). I remained silent since I didnt want to hurt my friendship with them, and he said it in spanish anyway. They probably didnt understand. That was the moment I learned he didnt like me. Not like I care anyway.

The missionaires leave after a year, and new ones come. After the generation I first met, I kept having contact with the new missionaires, as a member of HEROES. Now, the President of this organization always keeps an eye on me. He always looks to me when I speak to a girl, or gets close when I speak to them. Why, you may wonder? Well, in their religion, marriage and infidelity is a serious matter. And since I am an atheist, they dont want me having any kind of relationship with a woman, or being the living proof that atheism doesnt make you a bad person, something they believe. He obviously has authority over the missionaires, and I believe he talks ill about me to them. 

I probably will not visit them anymore, since I dislike having to deal with a fucking manipulative priest. And in any case, they rarely invite me anymore. I believe he forbids them now. Now, the lessons I have learned:

1. Atheists face discrimination within religious groups, even if they preach that we are all children of God. Hypocresy at its finest.
2. Religions control through sex and marriage. In this religion, a lot of its members marry with people they dont even know. Many marriages are arranged betwene people of different countries. They do this in oder to expand. 
3. Priests and churches are the biggest hypocrites of the world. 

Finally, this made me wonder. If there are missionaires of every religion, why not atheist missionaires? Not to profess atheism, but simply to interact with foreigners and have a good time together. I say this because my most precious time with them was when religion wasnt involved. Genuine human interactions, and not bullshit religion. 

Thoughts? I know more about this Moon religion. You can ask if you want.

Messages In This Thread
My experience in a Moon church/organization (korean religion) - by Macoleco - May 12, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temporal lobe epilepsy & religious experience. Jehanne 80 5452 March 20, 2022 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 17005 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I had a religious experience the other night I_am_not_mafia 34 5501 November 22, 2017 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7874 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Near death experience of Howard Storm scoobysnack 548 86049 October 28, 2016 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 11042 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4990 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 20003 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 50469 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Doing a big poo is a Religious experience FreeTony 8 3945 February 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: StuW