Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Questions about Evolutionism vs. Creationsim
#24
RE: Questions about Evolutionism vs. Creationsim
(June 23, 2017 at 12:32 pm)MusicalElf11 Wrote: Hello all,

For one of my college classes, I need to interview various people regarding their beliefs for creationism or evolution. I would very much appreciate whatever answer you can give me!
 
These are the questions:
 
1) How long were the days of Genesis 1 and why do you think so?

I have no idea. Are you asking for a biblical scholar's answer - because I don't know much at all about the bible. But I believe Genesis is a poetic story, not a historical one.


(June 23, 2017 at 12:32 pm)MusicalElf11 Wrote: 2) How old is the earth and why do you think so?

I don't know but I've heard estimates of around 5 billion years from people who study it. I assume they have as good a reason for that estimate as anyone is likely to have.


(June 23, 2017 at 12:32 pm)MusicalElf11 Wrote: 3) Do humans and apes share common ancestors and why do you think so?

Clearly yes. Look at the morphology and the DNA. There can be no doubt.


(June 23, 2017 at 12:32 pm)MusicalElf11 Wrote: 4) Was Adam of Genesis 2 a real historical person and why do you think so?
 
I'm pretty sure Genesis is a poetic, creation story. So no.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions about Evolutionism vs. Creationsim - by Whateverist - June 23, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions for atheists Quill01 8 2273 September 4, 2021 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  5 Science Trivia Questions to Get You Thinking Rhondazvous 7 2524 May 10, 2020 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Good Questions To Ask A Creationist BrianSoddingBoru4 10 3966 April 23, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  "Good Questions to Ask an Evolutionist" Fake Messiah 13 4902 April 23, 2019 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Questions about genders ... male/female Reader 74 25663 January 18, 2015 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Some questions on evolution vodkafan 28 12273 May 31, 2014 at 11:56 am
Last Post: ThePinsir
  Does the existance of Self Aware animals futher question the whole Creationsim argumet pop_punks_not_dead 10 10696 February 14, 2013 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: pop_punks_not_dead
  100 Most Important Questions Facing Plant Science Research thesummerqueen 10 9976 September 9, 2011 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Aliens - Are they out there? Have they visited us? And related questions -KT 50 26189 December 17, 2010 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Creationist group enlists students in frontal attack on evolutionism Thor 21 13267 July 27, 2010 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Thor



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)