Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationist group enlists students in frontal attack on evolutionism
Creationist group enlists students in frontal attack on evolutionism
http://www.examiner.com/x-35826-Crea...n-evolutionism

July 10, 2010

An international creationist group has announced a new campaign to encourage creation adherents, including students, to stage a "grass-roots revolt" against the teaching--or "force-feeding"--of hyper-materialistic thought in the world's schools, colleges, universities, and the larger society.

Creation Ministries International (CMI) announced their new "Question Evolution" campaign last month, through their "InfoBytes" e-mail newsletter. CMI has commissioned T-shirts, visor caps, coffee mugs, and bumper stickers carrying a simple message ("Question evolution"), a photograph of Charles Darwin with a red "No" symbol across it, and a listing of their domain, creation.com. Their plan is to have adults and students appear in public with the new logo in order to provoke spontaneous debate, arouse people's curiosity, and promote the CMI site.

It would be quite appropriate if anyone wearing one of these idiotic "Question evolution" T-shirts had a friend standing next to them wearing an "I'm With Stupid" T-shirt!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
RE: Creationist group enlists students in frontal attack on evolutionism
Haha! I want one of their t-shirts.

Of course we should question 'evolution'. We should question everything. What they fail to grasp is that, through that questioning, evolution has been shown to be true, whereas 'creationism' still remains unsupported.
(July 12, 2010 at 10:03 am)Paul the Human Wrote: Haha! I want one of their t-shirts.

Of course we should question 'evolution'. We should question everything. What they fail to grasp is that, through that questioning, evolution has been shown to be true, whereas 'creationism' still remains unsupported.

Yes, scientists question things all the time. That's what the peer review process is all about. It's also how frauds are exposed. What the creationist twits want to do is ignore the mountains of evidence that supports evolutionary theory. These morons might as well be wearing T-shirts that say "Question Gravitational Theory!"

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
I understand that. I just find it kind of funny that they are telling people to 'question' something.
(July 12, 2010 at 10:14 am)Paul the Human Wrote: I understand that. I just find it kind of funny that they are telling people to 'question' something.

I agree! Now, if only they would give the same level of skepticism to their "holy books" as they do to an accepted scientific theory....

Selective questioning aimed at the scientific fact that evolution does happen... life does evolve....

Whilst all questioning is good it's kind of sad that they're wasting all their "questioning" on that rather than questioning their apparently unquestionable crazy kooky God belief. Oh I'm so surprised!

EvF
(July 12, 2010 at 10:14 am)Paul the Human Wrote: I understand that. I just find it kind of funny that they are telling people to 'question' something.

When you look at the lunacy these morons accept on 'faith' it surprises me not at all that they have to be told to 'question.'
I wonder how they'd feel if their fucking scriptures were subjected to the same sort of "questioning?"
The surprising part is that it is a Creationist group that is telling them to question something. It's so ironic it's... delicious. Heheh
With any luck, this may work more in the advantage of science, not creationism. Open debates would get the issue in the open and force creationists to defend their beliefs and assumptions. This will give the students who generally stay out of the debate, either out of apathy, ignorance, or another reason, the opportunity to see for themselves which side can actually withstand questioning.
Live and love life

[Image: KnightBanner.png]
Liberty and justice for all
Link is broken...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design Is Pseudoscience: Creationist Lies About Evolution Debunked CodeDNA 7 1016 April 22, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: no one
Video Rebuttal To Creationist Peanut Butter Argument QuackeryDetection 2 447 May 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Miami school bars vaccinated teachers from seeing students zebo-the-fat 8 1001 April 28, 2021 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Good Questions To Ask A Creationist BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1598 April 23, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Questions about Evolutionism vs. Creationsim MusicalElf11 78 22847 July 3, 2017 at 12:10 am
Last Post: DogmaticDownSouth
  Creationist finds fossils, still not convinced zebo-the-fat 16 4213 May 31, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Worom
  New creationist movie: Evolution's Achilles' Heels Dolorian 35 10698 August 28, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Question about creationist argument TheDeafPianoTuner 17 3932 July 4, 2014 at 9:02 am
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  A Response to Creationist on: Sahelanthropus Tchadensis Duke Guilmon 1 1403 May 3, 2014 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  One of my idiot students... Bad Writer 38 9336 December 20, 2013 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Angrboda