Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the existance of Self Aware animals futher question the whole Creationsim argumet
Does the existance of Self Aware animals futher question the whole Creationsim argumet
I saw on TV that dolphins like us are Self Aware , they can apparently recognize themselves in a mirror, they have names for each other in a pod and they have higher brain functions similar to us.

Creationism implies that humanity is somehow special, but if animals are able to have human traits like dolphins doesn't it just look like we are no more special than a dolphin?
RE: Does the existance of Self Aware animals futher question the whole Creationsim argumet
What if we got it wrong and dolphins were created in His image?
RE: Does the existance of Self Aware animals futher question the whole Creationsim argumet
(February 14, 2013 at 6:25 pm)Ryantology Wrote: What if we got it wrong and dolphins were created in His image?

Dolphins are more moral than us, have you ever heard of the great dolphin war?
I think creationism had vanished into the abyss well over a century ago. Hitting it with another iceberg won't hurt it anymore.
(February 14, 2013 at 6:23 pm)pop_punks_not_dead Wrote: I saw on TV that dolphins like us are Self Aware , they can apparently recognize themselves in a mirror, they have names for each other in a pod and they have higher brain functions similar to us.

Creationism implies that humanity is somehow special, but if animals are able to have human traits like dolphins doesn't it just look like we are no more special than a dolphin?

I'm not seeing the connection here. There are hundreds (thousands?) of very intelligent species.

But humans are on top of the food chain.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(February 14, 2013 at 6:27 pm)Chuck Wrote: I think creationism had vanished into the abyss well over a century ago. Hitting it with another iceberg won't hurt it anymore.

I know this professor of Aeronautics who is a young Earth Creationist, and he is kinda vocal about it (he is head of that UK group sending creationist stuff to schools) .

He is a very very clever guy, he is just not who I would expect to be a Creationist

(February 14, 2013 at 6:28 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: But humans are on top of the food chain.

We are?

Humans have been hunted by animals throughout history, a lion would be no match for a lone person (unarmed).

We are only top through technology , I don't think we count as part of the food chain since we manipulate it to make food
(February 14, 2013 at 6:30 pm)pop_punks_not_dead Wrote: Humans have been hunted by animals throughout history, a lion would be no match for a lone person (unarmed).

We are only top through technology , I don't think we count as part of the food chain since we manipulate it to make food

You're misunderstanding the concept of the food chain. It doesn't matter how we're on top: we're on top.

And you can argue that we weren't on top thousands of years ago, but we were able to overcome the challenges we faced in the wild, and get to the point we are at today. We had the capacity and potential to get to the top. And we are on the top.

(February 14, 2013 at 6:33 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote:
(February 14, 2013 at 6:30 pm)pop_punks_not_dead Wrote: Humans have been hunted by animals throughout history, a lion would be no match for a lone person (unarmed).

You're misunderstanding the concept of the food chain. It doesn't matter how we're on top: we're on top.

And you can argue that we weren't on top thousands of years ago, but we were able to overcome the challenges we faced in the wild, and get to the point we are at today. We had the capacity and potential to get to the top. And we are on the top.

I guess being a veggie I have a different view than you
(February 14, 2013 at 6:35 pm)pop_punks_not_dead Wrote:
(February 14, 2013 at 6:33 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: You're misunderstanding the concept of the food chain. It doesn't matter how we're on top: we're on top.

I guess being a veggie I have a different view than you

What does vegetarianism have to do with that point?

(February 14, 2013 at 6:33 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: You're misunderstanding the concept of the food chain. It doesn't matter how we're on top: we're on top.

So humans are special because we don't get eaten by other animals? Unless we go out of our standard environment and get nommed by polar bears of course.

[Image: %C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3+Cameraman%27s+face-to...polar+bear]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When your self is expressed in a single webpage. . . bennyboy 9 1092 April 15, 2019 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Anybody done Whole Body Vibration? brewer 28 4343 November 13, 2017 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Questions about Evolutionism vs. Creationsim MusicalElf11 78 22879 July 3, 2017 at 12:10 am
Last Post: DogmaticDownSouth
  An Evolutionary Connection Between Plants and Animals? Rhondazvous 2 1024 February 18, 2016 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  The ethics of cloning extinct animals BrokenQuill92 36 7203 June 20, 2014 at 11:11 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Sexual relationships in animals vs. humans Kayenneh 6 2964 March 29, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Greeks self-inject HIV to claim benefits pocaracas 6 1587 December 1, 2013 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Psykhronic
  Self-Assembling Molecules Offer New Clues on Life's Possible Origin pocaracas 8 3252 April 25, 2013 at 8:31 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Albino animals Something completely different 1 5185 February 9, 2013 at 12:53 am
Last Post: justin
  Wild animals in your area Justtristo 33 10896 September 30, 2011 at 3:04 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko