Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night
RE: I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night
(July 16, 2017 at 12:06 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I think Rhonda is fine. She is asking interesting stuff about physics in another thread. I am thinking of a cinematic way to explain to her the higgs boson. Thinking about it, ain't easy.

What if you were accused unfairly by a couple of members? How would you react? How would you react?

I know some times I went out of line. You know what I am talking about, but pride is meant to be swallowed and take apologies when in the wrong.

Until then, i will just be amused for how far can they row that boat.

Specially when 99% of the staff actions are met with indignant defense. It ain't easy.

It is a common happening, long before this episode. I believe this to be born out of ignorance of how we work, the consideration we take and all our best attempts to remain impartial.

To remain shut up when a member or a couple attack our action as taking sides, repeatedly claimed, about a discussion on whatever, is not only foolish, but a sign of what they truly are.

I reckon that my consideration from both of the prideful, is zero, but yeah. Can't fight them trying to stand tall.

This is why I chose to stay out of it, for the most part. I read but didn't engage. Until a few posts ago.

It's a slippery slope when accusations are made against staff for them doing their job. I feel bad for you guys in that regard. The people who don't like the decisions made are the ones who created the violations to begin with. A decision was made last year with regard to an issue I had with another person. Everyone here probably knows about it. I didn't like the decision made and I was rather vocal about it, but at the end of the day, accepted it because it wasn't my decision to make. I did, however have some control over the situation from that point out. I chose and still choose not to engage with the person who offended me. I no longer have to put up with that person's shit. I don't even have to put them on ignore to do it. I simply rose above myself and my hurt feelings and decided that I was going to be the better person. Problem solved.

That said, I realize that not everyone can do that. It takes a lot of willpower to be able to walk away from a tense situation and not engage or want to have the last word. It takes an even bigger person to not respond with insults and jabs and passive-aggressive comments that would bait the other person into coming back and responding. People here can read the thread and draw their own conclusions on what happened. But at the end of all of this - ask yourself the following: 

Is any of this going to matter 5 days from now?
or 5 weeks from now?
or 5 months from now?
or 5 years from now? 

If the answer to ANY of those questions is "no", then why are people putting so much energy into it now? Opinions were spoken, insults were hurled and staff intervened. Agree to disagree and move on. If it's not affecting your ability to work or hold down a job or pay your bills or live your life outside of this forum, then stop investing so much energy into it. 

/soapbox
/shutting up now
/I really love you all

Peace out.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Messages In This Thread
[split] - by Athene - July 11, 2017 at 5:50 pm
RE: I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night - by Joods - July 16, 2017 at 1:01 pm
RE: [split] - by LastPoet - July 16, 2017 at 2:39 pm
RE: [split] - by Losty - July 16, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 584 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 499 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Friday the 13th Fake Messiah 8 462 May 13, 2022 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1751 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2339 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For the scond night in a row...... Brian37 9 780 May 2, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1162 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Signs you're close to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. no one 4 490 October 11, 2020 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  this may be it! Drich 64 5215 April 24, 2020 at 12:49 pm
  Where do these idiots come from? onlinebiker 23 2723 April 22, 2020 at 5:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama