Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 3:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves
RE: Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves
(October 13, 2017 at 11:11 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(October 12, 2017 at 11:36 pm)speedyj1992 Wrote: You guys have the best screennames - I honestly should re-watch "Scrubs" at some point. There are a couple of reasons I'm here - first, I want to help people come to Christ, because having been on both sides, I can say this is the less miserable one. It's not always sunshine and rainbows, but the tough times are less tough, and there's way more direction. I understand not everyone will agree with me, and that's okay - but my other reason is I want greater humanization in the world, because that's a huge problem. People are so quick to dismiss others because they are different for whatever reason, and yet most of us would get along a whole lot more if we put aside our biases and just listened.

Just curious if you are as motivated to help people avoid eating dishes you can't stomach?  Do you always assume that what suits you will suit others?  Just because you've decided to live the xtian fantasy and like it says nothing about how it would suit me.  Of course, from within that fantasy which it doesn't suit me to join you in, anyone who doesn't join you is in for one hell of a bad time.  Bt hey, it was your decision to enter into that fantasy; if you're uncomfortable with your new beliefs why don't you consider doing something about it - something that doesn't annoy me.

I can't say for certain that you will be open to what I have to say, but I can say that, during my atheist period, it was more about rejecting a dogma than accepting a different one. Other former atheists will say similar things, and since I can't know whether you are in a similar place or not, whether or not you would be willing to hear more about what's actually in the Bible (the misconceptions are astounding, actually), I just want to provide a new viewpoint. I am fine listening to alternative perspectives and engaging in discussions about that, as nothing about my "new" (if you would call the last quarter of my life "new") beliefs is anything I am uncomfortable with. 

And if this annoys you, feel free to unfollow and stay in your comfort zone. But the fact that you went out of your way to respond, that you're on these boards in the first place, tells me that you have emotion around this, and if you truly didn't care, then you wouldn't respond. The fact you're reading this tells me that part of you is invested, even if negatively so, and I'd love to know some of your reasoning behind that.

(October 13, 2017 at 5:42 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 7, 2017 at 12:24 pm)speedyj1992 Wrote: Hey all,

I'm a Christian, actually, still - well, I wasn't always. I'm a former atheist, and having now been on both sides, I can say I like this one a whole lot more. So, mine is more of a re-conversion story, in a sense, as a former Christian Scientist (blech) who became atheist and is now Christian. Go ahead, ask me questions and tell me about yourselves!

Do you live as Jesus told you to live?

As best I can - it's not always easy, but it's worth it. What more would you like to know about that? I ask because there's a lot that Jesus talked about in living for Him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves - by speedyj1992 - October 18, 2017 at 2:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2318 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 3628 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 706 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 681 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1396 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Take It, Or leave it, I can still say Voulez Vous Brian37 7 1134 November 29, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: adey67
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2928 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
Heart Tell us your ethnicity with food pics *Deidre* 138 21398 May 19, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Tell us your age with a picture Foxaèr 74 9377 May 14, 2018 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I will tell you a secret Foxaèr 16 2891 May 2, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13