Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask an expert?
Information 
Ask an expert?
I stopped at the hardware to buy an electric heater.

The kid working there saw me comparing heaters (checking wattage) and decided to help.

He assured me that one (the most expensive) was the "most efficient" one they had.

Doh

To the unschooled -efficiency in electrical terms - is the most efficient unit is the one that can do the assigned task, wasting the least electricity being converted into heat.
I
RE: Ask an expert?
If a train left New York at 300 miles per hour, and accelerated speed 15 miles per hour, and traveled a distance of 683 miles, tell me sir: what time would that train reach Chicago?!
(February 12, 2021 at 12:17 pm)no one Wrote: If a train left New York at 300 miles per hour, and accelerated speed 15 miles per hour, and traveled a distance of 683 miles, tell me sir: what time would that train reach Chicago?!

Some time after it left I imagine.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
In Home Depot a while back:  "Excuse me where are the thermostats?"

"What electrical service are you on?"

"Son, that is private information.  I just need to know where to find the thermostats."

"Sir, we may be able to get you a rebate on a Nest thermostat depending on your provider."

"Please point to the gotdamn thermostats."

I was just thinking of the clip from Parks and Rec
(February 12, 2021 at 12:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: I stopped at the hardware to buy an electric heater.

The kid working there saw me comparing heaters (checking wattage) and decided to help.

He assured me that one (the most expensive) was the "most efficient" one they had.

Doh

To the unschooled -efficiency in electrical terms - is the most efficient unit is the one that can do the assigned task, wasting the least electricity being converted into heat.
I

All you might achieve with a more expensive model is reliability. Every unit there is 99%+ efficient at turning the electricity into heat, yes?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(February 12, 2021 at 1:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

That is a safe bet.

Nick Offerman is a master craftsman - for real.

He builds (among other things) wooden canoes which are highly sought after works of true artistry. The man can make a very comfortable living with just his carpentry skills...

[Image: QBTJONRQDXCTBFQHNYMP5EGNIY.jpg]
(February 12, 2021 at 12:17 pm)no one Wrote: If a train left New York at 300 miles per hour, and accelerated speed 15 miles per hour, and traveled a distance of 683 miles, tell me sir: what time would that train reach Chicago?!

Some time after it leaves the 683-mile point to do the last hundred miles or so of the trip.
We don't know the start time so we can't calculate the end time.

The train will NEVER arrive in Chicago. Butch and Sundance will dynamite the tracks and steal the safe.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a turtely turtle/Ask Evie Edwardo Piet 5 1710 December 19, 2015 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet