Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 3:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please describe your god's loyalty reward scheme.
RE: Please describe your god's loyalty reward scheme.
Normally I would have been asking how confession works in removing sin from a soul, what a soul is, how information gets recorded on a persistent storage medium, how the information is retrrieved and sent over the aether to a god who processes the information, where the energy supply comes from for this physical mechanism as yet undiscovered by Physics which has got the poit where it is trying to come up with a grand unified theory.

But I didn't.

This time I was asking the theists to explain what their beliefs were without asking them to back it up with science. I was going to let them even make shit up if they to wanted without being challenged.

What I was planning to do was what the whole of society does with any process which gets judged on results. That is, find ways to reach those targets more efficiently. This means cutting out redundancy and exploiting a resource more efficiently. It's the very nature of intelligence. Take the education system for example. Bring in targets for a certain amount of children to reach a certain level of ability by a certain age and it focuses the teacher to teach the exam rather than to teach wisdom.

You get this happening throughout society. People will scrutinise their pension plan and figure out if they should go for a fixed or variable rate mortgage to save money. Yet if they truly believe their religion and are basing many fundamental life choices on their belief, then why aren't they applying the same mental process to this that they apply to every other part of their life?

One possible option is that they don't truly believe in a god.  That may apply to the default theists I mentioned earlier who don't question anything. But religionists for example do truly believe it seems.

So this leaves the other option, that these beliefs only work if thy aren't questioned. Asking for specifics kills the magic it seems. And the only reason I can currently think that undefined religious beliefs are more important to retain than to exploit some system because there is a lot of personal investment in the religious belief. Asking too many questions means that the theist can't come up with the answers because they can't back up what they believe. It's like auto cognitive dissonance kicks in.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please describe your god's loyalty reward scheme. - by I_am_not_mafia - November 17, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reading the bible: please help! ignoramus 71 15141 October 8, 2018 at 1:52 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 17000 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dark matter kicks ass again. Please watch. ignoramus 3 935 June 4, 2018 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12458 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)? despair1 34 6212 April 24, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Please give me evidence for God. Socratic Meth Head 142 22289 March 23, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Spread This And Please Expose These Televanglists! MW85 29 4877 December 24, 2015 at 8:00 am
Last Post: MW85
  Forum theists: when you have a moment, please... Athene 125 27430 October 27, 2015 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Tribal loyalty towards your former religion Aaran 27 6347 July 13, 2015 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Metis
  Does your God Only Live in your Mind? Salacious B. Crumb 2 1656 May 2, 2015 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb