Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 8:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would it take?
RE: What would it take?
(December 13, 2017 at 1:57 pm)Drich Wrote:
(December 12, 2017 at 3:47 am)Bow Before Zeus Wrote: Ok, you're a very angry person, I get that. But here I must draw the line. So let me start drawing.
I am not angry. I just do not respect you. as it was pointed out you are a troll account/farce which speaks or repersents all the nasty bits of atheism. As a result I don't have much desire to help you specifically. the reason I do is because of those who don't know any better than to think the way you do.
Quote:I asked, since your pathetic little god-being had not returned "imminently" like he supposedly said he would, what it would take before you would give up your pathetic little religion. Your response was to threaten that nobody escapes judgement much like a voodoo witchdoctor would threaten that I am going to die by shaking a bone at me. What would I do in that situation? Laugh in the witchdoctor's face! I have shown restraint in not laughing at you and have politely asked you to partake in a thought experiment that you are clearly not capable of understanding.
I get what you were trying to say, and I up'ed you one and doubbled down. When I said that none of those guys escaped judgement, meant that all who were told they would face judgement soon, did indeed receive judgement very soon. In fact their bodies may not even had time to be burried before they were judged.

So for them judgement was instantaneous.. So then because the warning remains then for us our judgement would be equally as fast.

But rather than see What I said as being an answer to your question, you promptly pull the emergency "i dont believe in God" brake on the conversation which was supposed to nullify the conversation in your favor.. To which I pointed out, if you are going to ask a canonical based question, why is God ABC then expect I give an answer from the same bible you got your question from!

Quote:On many levels I could turn around and call you a complete moron. Firstly for not understanding purpose of a thought experiment and secondly for believing the scribblings of iron age goat-herders but I have shown great restraint in not doing so.
And what do I get to call you for being a step ahead of your "thought experiment?"

Quote:You sit there with the intellect of a witch-doctor calling me a moron.
because when you are challenged to think you put the brakes on the conversation. You are not perpaired for the conversation to go in any direction than the way you have been taught that it should go!

Quote:It seems to be a pattern of behavior that xtians here seem to engage in.
Only a simple mind looking for sterotypes could make that observation. The Christians here are a very diverse group who are fully capable in speaking with you line by line well far and beyond that what you seem capable of keeping up with. what a cop out to lump everyone here into the same group while none of us share the same faith.

Quote:A similar accusation was thrown at my daughters by another xtian poster. Young women that are studying degrees that would completely befuddle you and the other xtian poster. My family is a family of engineers and scientists.
As am I sport. Actually have my own engineering firm along with a few other business. "science" in not an enemy here sport, however the idea that all science is equal is beyond laughable. to equate demonstrable scientific principle with a fringe theory based only on what can be tacitly observed is closed minded at best. If your daughter no matter how much smarter they are than you, thinks and has their faith in tactile scientific theory then they are just as foolish as those who believe the world is flat.
Why? because they like the lemming that came before can only observe and or recognise what someone smarter than them has identified ( right or wrong) they must believe what the "smarter" scientist thinks. If some smart 'scientist' says the sky is falling then for your girls they must believe the world is getting warmer... or colder.. or no ozon.. or warmer then and ice age.. No matter how stupid the 'science' is your poor girls will have to believe or risk being labled as ignorant as I am.

Quote:We are the high priests and gods of the modern era.
Irony in truth... It also takes an equal or even greater share of faith to believe you are the "right gods"

Quote:We create machines that would seem like magic to the primitive goat-herders that wrote the bible.
Again I am one who does indeed create great machines and can tell you the science that supports me is from from the 'science' that supports a big bang.

Quote:We create the modern society that you live in. We build the buildings, the cars, the planes, the bridges, the computers, almost every aspect of modern society.
Actually YOU don't. most of you are mindless consumers who create an economic infrastructure that allows for smarter people to create those things. The fact that you think the same science that powers your cell phone underwrites Darwinism only shows you are a 'consumer.'

Quote:We are in the process of creating life in the lab and sentient machines and becoming an interplanetary species. This is what scientists and engineers do. Not theologians, not religious nutters, but educates, intelligent people. This is what intelligence is, not waving a witchdoctor's bone and someone and accusing them of being a moron.
Religious people don't have to use a 'lab' there is a better much more fun way of creating life.
Big Grin
Quote:So instead of throwing accusations at people, why don't you learn how to build stuff for modern society?
If I could only share what i do without causing a "ruckus"

Quote: And before you start calling people something that you are guilty of, put your science, engineering or medical degree on the table first.
Don't need an engineering degree to hold patents (which I can give you numbers to look up if wish)

Quote:You would have to come out of your trailer park, earn a decent living, afford to go to university and of course have the intellect to be able to complete the degree in the first place. None of which I would wager you are capable of.
Blush I could but choose not to brag any further than what God has allowed me, because to a degree you are right. I could not accomplish these things on my own. After all I did not teach myself to read till I was in my 20s.

Quote:PS One of the posters has noted it but you still don't get it so let me spell it out for you. It's canon, not cannon. You are illiterate as well. Just stating a fact here.
reading or rather spelling is a poor measure of a man's whole ability. I found it a crutch and a hide behind when that is all a man is good at.

Quote:I can tell you with absolute certainty that he is not returning. The difference with my statement and yours is that mine is based on simple observation. Yours is based on fantasy. Which one do you think will come to pass?
Here's the thing you missed sport.. When I said non of those who issued those original warnings nor none of those who received those warning did not escape the second coming, meant, that the second coming may not be a one single point in time but rather linear event. One that happens upon death.

Ok "sport", now I understand why the other atheists around here dismiss you so quickly as an idiot. You claim to be a scientist but deny the scientific facts of evolution and climate change. There is nothing more to be said here. Your extreme lack of education are duly noted. Do yourself a favour and get an edumacation or forever hold your piece otherwise the old saying of "empty vessels make most noise" becomes more and more apparent.

Messages In This Thread
What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 6, 2017 at 2:41 am
RE: What would it take? - by ignoramus - December 6, 2017 at 2:50 am
RE: What would it take? - by vorlon13 - December 6, 2017 at 2:52 am
RE: What would it take? - by The Valkyrie - December 11, 2017 at 3:29 am
RE: What would it take? - by The Grand Nudger - December 6, 2017 at 9:36 am
RE: What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 6, 2017 at 6:12 pm
RE: What would it take? - by vulcanlogician - December 6, 2017 at 6:42 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Succubus - December 6, 2017 at 8:31 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 6, 2017 at 9:01 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Aegon - December 7, 2017 at 5:33 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 8, 2017 at 4:05 am
RE: What would it take? - by Godscreated - December 11, 2017 at 2:02 am
RE: What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 11, 2017 at 3:46 am
RE: What would it take? - by Godscreated - December 12, 2017 at 1:29 am
RE: What would it take? - by Drich - December 7, 2017 at 3:42 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 7, 2017 at 5:28 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Drich - December 8, 2017 at 11:15 am
RE: What would it take? - by Neo-Scholastic - December 8, 2017 at 12:42 pm
RE: What would it take? - by vulcanlogician - December 8, 2017 at 12:55 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Neo-Scholastic - December 10, 2017 at 8:20 pm
RE: What would it take? - by vulcanlogician - December 10, 2017 at 8:57 pm
RE: What would it take? - by JairCrawford - December 10, 2017 at 9:31 pm
RE: What would it take? - by vulcanlogician - December 10, 2017 at 10:05 pm
RE: What would it take? - by JairCrawford - December 11, 2017 at 2:03 am
RE: What would it take? - by Minimalist - December 11, 2017 at 2:25 am
RE: What would it take? - by JairCrawford - December 11, 2017 at 2:47 am
RE: What would it take? - by vulcanlogician - December 11, 2017 at 3:27 am
RE: What would it take? - by JairCrawford - December 12, 2017 at 1:24 am
RE: What would it take? - by Minimalist - December 11, 2017 at 11:42 am
RE: What would it take? - by Neo-Scholastic - December 11, 2017 at 11:42 am
RE: What would it take? - by vulcanlogician - December 11, 2017 at 7:07 pm
RE: What would it take? - by drfuzzy - December 11, 2017 at 1:33 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Succubus - December 8, 2017 at 10:44 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Drich - December 11, 2017 at 5:03 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 12, 2017 at 3:47 am
RE: What would it take? - by Godscreated - December 12, 2017 at 4:32 am
RE: What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 12, 2017 at 5:03 am
RE: What would it take? - by Drich - December 13, 2017 at 1:57 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 14, 2017 at 1:50 am
RE: What would it take? - by Drich - December 14, 2017 at 11:47 am
RE: What would it take? - by Succubus - December 14, 2017 at 2:49 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Drich - December 14, 2017 at 4:45 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Abaddon_ire - December 14, 2017 at 3:35 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 14, 2017 at 9:01 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Drich - December 15, 2017 at 9:49 am
RE: What would it take? - by Succubus - December 12, 2017 at 6:01 am
RE: What would it take? - by Bow Before Zeus - December 9, 2017 at 4:41 am
RE: What would it take? - by Whateverist - December 13, 2017 at 2:19 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Drich - December 14, 2017 at 10:38 am
RE: What would it take? - by Whateverist - December 14, 2017 at 11:19 am
RE: What would it take? - by Wyrd of Gawd - December 7, 2017 at 6:07 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Godscreated - December 8, 2017 at 3:28 am
RE: What would it take? - by Edwardo Piet - December 8, 2017 at 3:44 am
RE: What would it take? - by The Grand Nudger - December 8, 2017 at 12:26 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Aegon - December 8, 2017 at 1:30 pm
RE: What would it take? - by vorlon13 - December 8, 2017 at 10:50 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Minimalist - December 8, 2017 at 11:29 pm
RE: What would it take? - by JairCrawford - December 10, 2017 at 8:43 pm
RE: What would it take? - by chimp3 - December 10, 2017 at 8:44 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Minimalist - December 10, 2017 at 8:45 pm
RE: What would it take? - by vulcanlogician - December 11, 2017 at 10:00 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Neo-Scholastic - December 12, 2017 at 12:44 am
RE: What would it take? - by Amarok - December 11, 2017 at 10:08 pm
RE: What would it take? - by JackRussell - December 13, 2017 at 2:41 pm
RE: What would it take? - by Neo-Scholastic - December 14, 2017 at 1:55 pm
RE: What would it take? - by JackRussell - December 14, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question to theists: When to take the bible literally? T.J. 22 1943 November 26, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why I can't take the Gospels seriously. Jehanne 39 3929 June 18, 2021 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Is it possible for someone to take away the judgement from God? verbral 31 4437 November 12, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "You, atheists take Bible quotes out of context" mcolafson 61 11840 October 4, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 19063 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What It Would Take: Or Bullocks To Christianity! Manalive 10 2797 August 21, 2015 at 4:07 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  By all means, please take Christianity seriously Cato 13 3856 June 6, 2015 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Spooky
  What does the (hypothetical) soul take with it? emjay 37 8440 April 14, 2015 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  The bible... why take it seriously? robvalue 45 9191 September 9, 2014 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Is the Catholic position a "take it or leave it" kind? lwlodarczyk 14 4664 August 4, 2014 at 3:53 am
Last Post: Zidneya