Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 8:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we discard achievements made by unlikable people?
RE: Should we discard achievements made by unlikable people?
(December 17, 2017 at 10:56 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:
(December 17, 2017 at 1:54 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Newton was an ass. Don't even get me started on Tesla.

Edison could have invented 3 phase AC electric power except he couldn't do the mathematics involved.

I had it in sparky school 35 years ago, and managed to 'get it' but fortunately my subsequent career path never intersected that stuff.

Tongue

He was just too obsessed with DC power to bother, and if he did figure it out, he'd probably be doing more shit like this:

I probably should have done a content warning of some kind, but given that A) the title gives it all away, and B) the makers of built AN ENTIRE EPISODE around this clip and it still got a TV-PG, I guess the point is moot.

EDIT: Okay, for some reason, the forum won't allow me to post the words "The makers of Bob's Burgers built an entire episode around this clip" without some of the words vanishing. Why?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should we discard achievements made by unlikable people? - by Rev. Rye - December 17, 2017 at 11:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On whether the Word made flesh is a category mistake LinuxGal 2 481 November 17, 2022 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Why free will probably does not exist, and why we should stop treating people - WisdomOfTheTrees 22 4743 February 8, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: WisdomOfTheTrees
  Do you ever wish you could just say "these people should be killed" DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 50 7368 November 27, 2015 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: DespondentFishdeathMasochismo
  Would any of you drive a car made by Darwin's ideas? professor 85 12092 March 14, 2014 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Cato