Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 9:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith?
RE: Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith?
(January 9, 2018 at 10:34 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(January 9, 2018 at 6:34 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: So basically God is all-knowing and all powerfull, He has a plan for everyone of us and the suffering He puts us through is necesarry. Yet He needs us inferior sinners to ask him for salvation and other good things. Isn't this interfering with His plan? And if He's all-knowing this means He knew Adam and Eve would eat the forbidden fruit and that the original sin will pass on. So we're basically his pawns in a game of chess which is supposedly against the Devil, but not really since He doesn't have a chance against God and the Devil was created by God too.

God doesn't need anything, if you want to be saved you will have to ask. Some suffering is necessary and some we bring on ourselves. Instead of accepting responsibility for your actions and the results of those actions you want to blame God. You can never interfere with God's plan, he will not allow it. Of coarse He knew Adam and Eve would disobey Him and that sin would destroy mankind if He did not do something about it. We are not pawns in a game, you are evidence of that, you have decided that your rejection of God is an acceptable risk and are willing to suffer eternally if you are wrong.

GC

So God loves me, yet if I don't ask for forgiveness for my sins, one of which I didn't commit, He will send me to Hell? You might reply that I'm sending myself to Hell, no I'm not. He's the one who invented Hell and commaded for all sinners to go there. I can't say that someone being arrested for commiting a crime arrested themselves.
You think it's fair that all humanity was blamed for a mistake two humans made? Todays human justice doesn't see it that way. And why is knowing the difference between wrong and right bad? Doesn't this mean Adam and Eve were amoral? I think that the first step of doing the right thing is knowing the difference between good and bad.
If God is all-knowing this means He knows the future as well. If He knows exactly what is going to happen is He able to change it? If he is able, and the future takes place exactly as He commands, doesn't this mean that our actions take place exactly as He commands as well? You claim we have free will, so He doesn't interfere with that. If he isn't able to, this means he isn't all powerfull. If he is able but not willing then there is power He doesn't use to prevent evil. I see a paradox here. http://en.atheismfacts.org/epicurean-paradox.html
And I don't blame God, I don't believe in Him. I blame the people who invented and used Him for their personal benefit.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? - by Joods - December 28, 2017 at 2:57 am
RE: Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? - by Joods - December 27, 2017 at 10:36 am
RE: Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? - by Brian37 - December 27, 2017 at 10:44 am
RE: Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? - by Der/die AtheistIn - January 9, 2018 at 12:51 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14548 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 12608 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 59415 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4793 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6947 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4638 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5790 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 28577 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 5772 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 39064 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman