Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
RE: Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
(January 17, 2018 at 2:09 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(January 17, 2018 at 1:58 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: He clearly followed her around the house even as she was clearly trying to impose distance between herself and him.

It may not have been a footrace, but it sure sounds like a chase to me.

I mean, it's his house. He's a minor celebrity. Even if he wasn't, I wouldn't let some person I'd only met twice just wander around my house.

A fair point.

(January 17, 2018 at 2:09 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The fact that this whole thing apparently went on for 30 minutes just seems odd. She was walking around his house for 30 minutes while he followed? Nothing was said during that time? How many times did she move? Are we talking about her moving back and forth between two spots (i.e. couch and kitchen) or was she going from room to room?

All of those details (which are lacking from her description) are important to the context, because the way she describes it, I just can't even imagine 30 minutes of that without a rational person turning around and saying something.

According to the article on Babe:

Quote:Throughout the course of her short time in the apartment, she says she used verbal and non-verbal cues to indicate how uncomfortable and distressed she was. “Most of my discomfort was expressed in me pulling away and mumbling. I know that my hand stopped moving at some points,” she said. “I stopped moving my lips and turned cold.”

[Emphasis added]

Additionally, and not related to Tiberius's post I've quoted -- I hadn't paid much mind to this when I originally read the article, but this passage seems pretty close indeed to sexual assault so far as the law is concerned:

Quote:Ansari also physically pulled her hand towards his penis multiple times throughout the night, from the time he first kissed her on the countertop onward. “He probably moved my hand to his dick five to seven times,” she said. “He really kept doing it after I moved it away.”

The law under which she would presumably lay any charges:

Quote:S 130.52 Forcible touching.
A person is guilty of forcible touching when such person intentionally, and for no legitimate purpose:

1. forcibly touches the sexual or other intimate parts of another person for the purpose of degrading or abusing such person, or for the purpose of gratifying the actor's sexual desire; or

2. subjects another person to sexual contact for the purpose of gratifying the actor's sexual desire and with intent to degrade or abuse such other person while such other person is a passenger on a bus, train, or subway car operated by any transit agency, authority or company, public or private, whose operation is authorized by New York state or any of its political subdivisions.

For the purposes of this section, forcible touching includes squeezing, grabbing or pinching.

Forcible touching is a class A misdemeanor.

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article130.htm#p130.05

I'm no lawyer, but repeatedly pulling her hand to his dick even after she's repeatedly withdrawn it seems awful close to the legal standard in New York.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist - by Thumpalumpacus - January 17, 2018 at 2:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  45 gets 34... Ravenshire 45 560 Yesterday at 11:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups HappySkeptic 10 884 June 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  It doesn't matter what you think Pope. Brian37 21 1449 April 5, 2021 at 9:26 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1833 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1036 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1525 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Thumbs Up Last Non-winter onlinebiker 110 5025 April 6, 2020 at 4:12 am
  BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban WinterHold 6 776 March 14, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 2757 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 575 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope