Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 10:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
RE: Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
(January 18, 2018 at 5:14 am)Hammy Wrote:
(January 18, 2018 at 4:40 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Firstly, the whole "white-knighting"-as-belittling thing is stupid. People are espousing opinions, and denigrating them on assumed motivations when you may or may not know why they're doing so is presumptuous at best and dishonest at worst. Secondly, any man worth his salt has a woman who doesn't need that. I know that's true in my own case. Smile

It's not worth belittling if it's not actually white knighting.

I'm only referring to the guys who actually do white knight women. And what I mean by that is.... they get disingenously defensive of women in order to try to appeal to women more in hopes of getting laid more.

I'm not referring to people who aren't actually doing that.

The thing is is that that phrase is used as a pejorative to anyone supporting a woman online, whether for wanting to get laid, wanting to virtue-signal, wanting to self-image, or ... wait for it ... wanting to agree with her. Much like the term "snowflake", it's attained buzzword status, carrying its own luggage. But if you want to use it, you'll need to consider the energy it takes to haul that luggage, and whether it's worth it.

(January 18, 2018 at 4:42 am)Hammy Wrote: And it doesn't count when it's your significant other or crush either. Because I 100% white knight my girlfriends and crushes. Lol. I just can't help myself. I get so biased and defensive of people I have a strong affection for. I can't even help it. I can be totally aware of that bias and I still continue to do it.

I don't. A person's arguments stand or fall on their own merits ... lover, son, mother, whatever. If I don't agree with what's said, I won't support it. It helps when you've got a woman who doesn't need white-knighting. Smile

(January 18, 2018 at 5:21 am)Joods Wrote:
(January 18, 2018 at 2:06 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Probably when he posed, hypocritically imo, as a "#metoo" kinda guy.

As for going to the police, we know that doesn't happen in many of these cases. Does that mean they never happened?

I'm not saying that "something" didn't happen. I guess the court of public opinion should decide this one since she was more intent on having it make national headlines, prior to seeking help from the law about it first. And if I was a defense attorney, this is one of the things that I would absolutely argue. Where were her priorities and what was her motive at the time she decided to forego the police in favor of a news article?

Well, here it is, the court of public opinion is deliberating.

As an aside, any defense attorney worth his salt would ask what she was wearing. That's always good mileage in these sorts of things.

(January 18, 2018 at 5:21 am)Joods Wrote: The guy is creepy. He's probably really shitty in bed and if he did what she claimed he did, he's already been shamed in public for it. But I honestly see no actual crime here on his part. What I see is things went sour because she wasn't into whatever he was doing.

I think it's possible a crime was committed. If it was, I think it will never be prosecuted anyway, because her consented fellatio would be interpreted by a jury of people like you as consent for everything and no prosecutor would want to argue that case.

(January 18, 2018 at 5:21 am)Joods Wrote: I have playfully batted Rob's hand away but that doesn't mean that he's sexually assaulting me. If I say I'm not in the mood or if I say stop it, he complies. 

Men can be dense and need way more than non-verbal cues with a lot of things.

I'm thinking you didn't really think this post through before you hit "send". You seem to have forgotten that you are, indeed, conversing with a man. Hopefully, that verbal cue will help you out. Lol, "dense", indeed!

I don't "comply" with my woman's wishes. I sense them and respect her feelings. It may only be a difference of emphasis, but it's important ... to us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist - by Thumpalumpacus - January 18, 2018 at 5:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  45 gets 34... Ravenshire 45 562 Yesterday at 11:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups HappySkeptic 10 884 June 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  It doesn't matter what you think Pope. Brian37 21 1450 April 5, 2021 at 9:26 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1833 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1037 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1525 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Thumbs Up Last Non-winter onlinebiker 110 5028 April 6, 2020 at 4:12 am
  BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban WinterHold 6 776 March 14, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 2757 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 575 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope