Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 5:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality?
#19
RE: Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality?
(March 14, 2018 at 5:38 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(March 14, 2018 at 4:58 pm)Shell B Wrote: Like I said, if we're going to define it that simply, then yes, there is objective morality, though I'd definitely argue you couldn't think of a long list of things that fit the bill.

Murder, nope. Rape, maybe, but even that's not all bad for everyone involved, as sick as that sounds. That makes it subjective. Hey, maybe tossing out radioactive waste with the bath water? That really can't help anyone or anything.

Are we to confine morality specifically to effect of behaviors on humans?  What about mosquito rights?  Cuz I been slappin' them big time.

That's subjective.Tongue

Fuck, I said I was leaving. I swear. I'm leaving.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? - by Shell B - March 14, 2018 at 6:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Argument Against Determinism Disagreeable 32 6012 March 13, 2026 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  The Kalam Cosmological Argument Disagreeable 123 32530 December 15, 2024 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The classic ontological argument Modern Atheism 20 5292 October 3, 2024 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The modal ontological argument for God Disagreeable 29 7916 August 10, 2024 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: MetisX
  Beauty, Morality, God, and a Table FrustratedFool 23 8217 October 8, 2023 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The argument from degree LinuxGal 9 2844 January 1, 2023 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  On theism, why do humans have moral duties even if there are objective moral values? Pnerd 37 11707 May 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Understanding the rudiment has much to give helps free that mind for further work. highdimensionman 16 4380 May 24, 2022 at 6:31 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 5645 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Moral Nihilism a Morality? vulcanlogician 140 37508 July 17, 2019 at 11:50 am
Last Post: DLJ



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)