Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 12:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't some people understand lack of belief?
RE: Why don't some people understand lack of belief?
Quote:And I can appreciate someone like you who isn't afraid to state their opinion forthrightly. 
You confuse fear with honesty and you praise only what suits your agenda 

Quote:I don't understand why so may atheists are ashamed to say plainly that they don't believe in God.

I'm not ashamed seriously get that through your head 

Quote: Instead, like Khem, they have to go into these long-winded explanations making all kinds of subtle distinctions
You mean actually explain his position rather then let you lump him into your ideological box .

Quote:, like gnostic versus agnostic atheists.
Which exist and are two distinct kinds of atheist 

Quote:Who cares?

We do . If you don't then why should we care what you think.

Quote:Either you believe in God or you don't. 

Nope you either convinced by the case made for god or your not . But weather your certain or your claiming their is no god as a knowledge claim is a whole other matter .

Quote:It really isn't more complicated than that.

Yes yes it is

Quote: I'm not scared to say I don't believe in fairies,
Can you prove gnostically their are no fairies anywhere in whole of existence . I think not .

Quote:because whether fairies exist or not has no bearing on any fundamental question
How do you know? how do you know fairies are not answer to a thousand critical questions . 

Quote:and there's no serious reason to believe that they do
Just as much reason to think your god exists 

Quote:I don't feel the need to call non-fairy belief some weaselly "lack of belief" default position.
It's not weaselly if you did nor is it when atheists do it . It's an honest position . Show it wrong or quit whining. 

Quote:I'm not terrified of the question "Why not?
Neither is anyone else.Fuck your an arrogant cunt Wooter . Who needs to make shit up  about people to make your pathetic position seem viable .

(April 2, 2018 at 3:22 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Do you recognize that there's a difference between my position and some agnostic atheists position, or not?

Similarly, are you a gnostic theist like..say..Mystic..or an agnostic theist..like my wife?
Your talking to a wall Khem  Dodgy 

You refuse to live in his convenient box . So out comes the slander and character assassination.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why don't some people understand lack of belief? - by Amarok - April 2, 2018 at 3:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6680 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 2091 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Help me understand you better pokey555 12 1864 August 10, 2021 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: UniverseCaptain
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1522 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Does some people need God? purplepurpose 29 3197 January 17, 2021 at 9:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5911 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 87669 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5363 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why do people believe that Beowulf is fiction? I_am_not_mafia 59 13719 June 6, 2018 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Objective morality as a proper basic belief Little Henry 609 163684 July 29, 2017 at 1:02 am
Last Post: Astonished