Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 2:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists, please describe how you experience your god
RE: Theists, please describe how you experience your god
(June 6, 2018 at 6:38 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(June 6, 2018 at 6:25 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Good luck, however, demonstrating any particular object or instance of that.  To be blunt, anything "beyond our detecting senses" is fundamentally beyond our ability to demonstrate.  So..if you think both that there are things beyond our detecting senses -and- that you have proof of just such a thing..I can conclusively use my detecting senses to demonstrably establish that you must be wrong about one of those two propositions.

They cannot be simultaneously true..you have to pick one and stick with it.  It can;t be undetectable whenever you;re called to task..and detected whenever you find it convenient.

Exactly. That's why we have the design to conclude God from it.
We can't realize the full scale of God or demonstrate it:
That makes god detectable, then.  Like I said...I knew one of those two propositions had to be false.

Now that you've declared god to be detectable..you've made god falsifiable, and in offering up "the design" as the example...you've falsified him. Maybe it;s time for him to engage his romulan cloak again?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Theists, please describe how you experience your god - by The Grand Nudger - June 6, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists: What is your stance on evolution? Agnostic1 118 10314 March 27, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Temporal lobe epilepsy & religious experience. Jehanne 80 5541 March 20, 2022 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Wash your hands or do not wash your hands when you eat Ferrocyanide 48 3353 October 19, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 25413 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5395 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33736 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2394 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42228 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17885 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3640 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders