Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 4:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josephus and other contemporaries on Jesus
RE: Josephus and other contemporaries on Jesus
(July 4, 2018 at 12:44 am)TimOneill Wrote:
(July 4, 2018 at 12:30 am)Tizheruk Wrote: Lack of me caring about your opinion of my spelling or grammar in English (my fourth language) and simply linking me to your weak sauce articles were you engage in literary masturbation. Your off to a flying start .

No you posted a bullshit piece of literal salve from the scorching Carrier gave you .And i have already read articles on your shitty little site ages ago i needed a good laugh and you did not disappoint  .You have been repeating the same Anti Mythicism nonsense forever. Give it up dude your the Michael Behe of Anti Mythicism .

"Weak sauce articles .... literary masturbation .... bullshit piece .... your shitty little site .... Anti Mythicism nonsense"

All asserted without any supporting argument or engagement with anything I've actually said. It seems this level of gassy flatulence is about all we're going to get from you. So, another mighty blow is struck for "rationalism" ...  Jerkoff

Is there anyone here actually capable of detailed discussion based on the relevant source material? Or just coherent sentences?
The only support i require is your article a Carriers they both stand a testaments to your inadequacy and as for engagement i pretty sure responding is engagement . As for rationalism you would not know it if it bite you on the ass . 

Is there anyone here who can actually defend Timmy's nonsense or at least do something aside saying "your spelling sucks i win "

Quote:No other historians use it the way he does. What does that tell you? Bayes' Theorem only works if you have objective, real world data to plug into it. It can't be used to assess whether something happened in the past by giving your prior qualitative assessments of likelihood a number and then putting that into the Theorem. That tells you nothing. It's all smoke and mirrors that no-one except Carrier and his peanut gallery of clueless fanboys takes seriously.
Yes they do regardless of what you and your feckless cheerleaders say .

Quote:Then so is the above, we can judge him a crank without ever looking at his work. Kind of a catch 22 situation.
What the hell are you on about?

(July 4, 2018 at 12:51 am)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 3, 2018 at 10:45 pm)JairCrawford Wrote: @Succubus No I got that. I read the article as well. I just thought since it was a little OT maybe it deserved its own thread.

To be fair, I did say I wanted to compare and contrast views on the topic.

But you already know one side of the argument....now you need to learn the facts.

You should  listen to Bishop Warburton.... who knew in the late 18th century.
Quote:“This [the Josephus] account of Eusebius is a rank forgery, and a very stupid one, too.
Watch out Min Timmy's here to destroy us dumb "new atheists " with his super duper historian powers .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Josephus and other contemporaries on Jesus - by Amarok - July 4, 2018 at 12:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other burning bush Fake Messiah 12 1771 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3166 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The other problems with Noahs ark dyresand 27 5265 April 7, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Christian Hell vs. Other Hells? TrueChristian 17 4878 January 13, 2016 at 12:59 am
Last Post: green.joel2
  Why Christians can't respect other's opinion? rado84 83 15150 July 15, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  life on other planets drfuzzy 26 5875 July 6, 2015 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7374 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Is there any core feature of christianity not found in other religions Lemonvariable72 54 19789 March 14, 2014 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Why are other civilizations ignored in the Bible? catman 407 131358 March 9, 2014 at 4:36 am
Last Post: catman
  What makes the Christian God different from thr thousands of other Gods out there? bluemonday 66 12443 March 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.