Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 12:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Harassment of Public Figures Acceptable: Your Sincere Opinion
RE: Is Harassment of Public Figures Acceptable: Your Sincere Opinion
(August 12, 2018 at 9:45 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(August 12, 2018 at 2:18 am)Aroura Wrote: I don't condone any kind of racism, but I'd also like to point out that there is privately held racism, and publically acted upon racism.

Hillary said racist thing, but none of her public policies or platform were harmful to minority groups, none were racist.

Trumps platform was openly racist.  He ran on policy that was aggressively racist and actively harmful to minority groups. He stated he would enact laws and make changes that would hurt minority groups. And he has carried through, enacting new policy that has indeed hurt many minority groups.  

Actions speak louder than words.

Well, the thrust of Hitlery being a racist boils down to things her husband did (as most right-wing grievances with the woman do), which she supported.  Part of the "triangulization" strategy that clinton used to capture more red votes and set the country on an inexorable drift toward the present moment..was to capitulate to the rights platform on minorities and the poor.  Between welfare reform and criminal justice initiatives, clinton may have done more damage to minorities than any president in modern history.  

In that sense, both clintons were cynical dog whistlers...and while they may or may not have personally held racist leanings..it hardly matters, as they presided over the creation of a racist machine.  In the interim, there have been immense changes in public perception and opinion.  Hillary's policies in our last election reflect that, but don't erase those mistakes of the past.  

Meh, her past support for popular but deeply bigoted policies wasn't actually the reason I didn't vote for her...as noted in so many of these convos..people can change their minds, they can have a come to jesus moment.  The things that irked me most are the things that right-wingers would have been effusively in praise of..had anyone not named clinton done them.  IMO, that's the source of a good amount of alt-right spite.  Clever political operators stole their thunder, diluted their brand (and we know how they feel about miscegeny) did a better job, and got away with it scott free in the eye of the public.  It's all so unfair!

lol
I do understand. I did not support her either, until late in the race when I felt cornered.  Then I did that thing where I tried to convince myself she would be good.  Who knows, maybe she would have been great.
I'm well aware that she might have made a somewhat poor president, but not as poor as the laughingstock inept joker that's in there now.  I kid not when I say I can hardly think of a worse choice in all the country.  Howard Stern would take the office more seriously.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Harassment of Public Figures Acceptable: Your Sincere Opinion - by Aroura - August 12, 2018 at 11:23 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Face coverings in public banned Foxaèr 10 797 March 10, 2021 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Secular Spirituality in Public Schools chimp3 12 907 January 23, 2020 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Sal
  The unvaccinated banned from public. brewer 4 463 March 26, 2019 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Saudi Arabia: Reports of torture and sexual harassment of detained activists WinterHold 0 215 January 27, 2019 at 4:56 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  This Figures.... Minimalist 2 413 September 10, 2018 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  And this figures, too Minimalist 0 315 September 10, 2018 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sexual Harassment Plagues Canadian Parliament And Senate Amarok 1 648 February 2, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Iowa bill for bible class in public school brewer 20 3254 January 27, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Your opinion of "mental defect" in law..... Brian37 9 1644 November 17, 2017 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Another Kentucky Public Official Who Doesn't Know the Law Crossless2.0 11 2348 July 15, 2016 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Little lunch