Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iowa bill for bible class in public school
Iowa bill for bible class in public school
Will another domino fall? I find the erosion disturbing. 

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/...044057001/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Iowa bill for bible class in public school
(January 25, 2018 at 7:39 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Will another domino fall? I find the erosion disturbing. 

The same idiots who push for this would not want public readings lead by teachers of the Koran. 

This is simply more right wing bullshit in attempt to turn America into a Christian theocracy.
The ACLU will get on it. Keep your donations current.
I gotta side with the fundies on this one. I mean, how else are these kids gonna learn their bible? At home? No way!

It would be nice if these folks had special buildings where they could get together and read all the bible they wanted to. They could meet once a week, like every Sunday or something-- maybe on Wednesday evenings, too. These would be special buildings for "bible people" to get together and read the Bible on their own time. If people were so inclined, they could put these buildings all over the place. In some cities, you'd find these buildings every other block.

But, alas, no such buildings exist. So the only fair solution is to put bible study courses into the public school curriculum and make everyone (including nonbelievers) pay for it.
Quote:Supporters say that studying the Bible for its historical and cultural influence is instrumental to understanding western civilization and the values on which America was built.

How?  I keep wondering what these alleged "values" are.  Democracy was invented by pagan Greeks.  Modern democracy was re-invented by Enlightenment deists.

Xtians never did shit.
(January 25, 2018 at 7:39 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Will another domino fall? I find the erosion disturbing. 

This war has been going on for at least 150 years.  The Protestants have always wanted to get the Bible into public schools.

Here's a link to an article from the December 31, 1871, edition of the New York Times about this issue  = http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-fre...838A669FDE

The Catholics were fighting to keep the Bible out of the schools.
On the nonbelief spectrum, I find myself opposite the antitheists. I try my best to see the good in religious belief, and try to cultivate an attitude of acceptance toward people of faith. But shit like this gets under my skin. A school is a place children go to learn FACTS, motherfuckers! Keep your ignorant god damn bible out of public schools you dumb fucks!
This is typical of these fucking parasites.

Not satisfied to push their primitive beliefs on their own children at home and in church, they feel the need to push it on to everyone else's children.
Dying to live, living to die.
I wonder what happens when the courts order them to include the fucking koran?
(January 25, 2018 at 10:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I wonder what happens when the courts order them to include the fucking koran?

There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

They want freedom of religion, so long as it only applies to their religion.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 26972 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2577 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5828 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I Think Bill Maher Lied CarveTheFive 23 1354 May 17, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1252 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Face coverings in public banned Foxaèr 10 725 March 10, 2021 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Harriett Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill Fake Messiah 141 6409 January 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Inspired by Iowa, Georgian Theocrats Perform Statewide Bible Reading in County Seats Secular Elf 6 410 July 20, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 1895 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  [Serious] Economy Class Economy ignoramus 41 2777 April 6, 2020 at 7:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus