Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 8:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(September 17, 2018 at 10:55 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(September 17, 2018 at 12:43 am)Khemikal Wrote: It's fairly easy to work out what I just said..I did speak english, after all, lol.
I asked the question because you had not answered it.  Would you or would you not support the release of prisoners who were given exceptionally large sentences?

It's a yes or no question, not one that requires any metacommentary about your english[sic] usage.
It doesn't matter whether or not I would support it.  It doesn't solve any problem you intend it to address, as I've explained many times.  You're suggesting that we polish the brass on the titanic, Mr. Solutions.....but..more accurately, you're looking for a way to absolve yourself of having gone full loon.

Quote:
Quote:Again, you've got the idea of divisiveness entirely backwards in exactly the way that alt right nutjobs have been propagandizing it. 
True or false?  The PC Left identifies groups which are victimized, and those which are victimizers, and seeks to protect one group from the other?
False.

Quote:
Quote:You gathered no facts.  You gathered a bunch of white supremacist nonsense and then bullshitted me and yourself about it for pages.  America -is- in deep trouble on this one...hey..guess how we got here..............
IQ scores, SAT scores, and income are all facts, and their correlation is well-known.  I gathered those facts, presented them, and began a discussion of how best to proceed with the intent of drawing together that income gap.

Dude, when actual facts are "white supremacist nonsense," then you are refusing to see the world through glasses tinged with your idealistic world view.  This does not, however, help anyone-- it just serves as another impediment against getting at the underlying problems and finding ways to minimize them or to turn them around.
Yes, their correlations are well known..which is why we know that "because black" in all of it's incarnations is a ridiculous contention.  You read all the links..though, so you know that. Rolleyes  

White...supremacist...nonsense.

Pointing out that this is white supremacist nonsense -does- help...even if it will never help you. Calling white supremacist nonsense a fact is, as I've already explained (and as you've been linked)..more a statement of your sympathy than certification of the factual accuracy of white victimization or scientific racism.

I get it. I really do. You think they've got it right but you don't like where it leads. Your leftist urges kick in, there at the end. In your mind, this means that you're not one of those silly fuckers and you're not advocating for their normalizing propaganda. To the hardcore alt right, you're a typical pc leftist cuck. Affirming their narrative while denying it's consequences, implications, and any identification with them.

(there's more than a fair amount of ink spilt between loons on how to get you to overcome that final bit of resistence...and would you believe that it generally revolves around alt light pipelining and bitching about all the things the pc left is doing to them? OFC you would, had you read those links, lol. To that end, guys like peterson get press ganged into service. Mostly, because he seems like an acceptable source to a disaffected leftist.)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? - by The Grand Nudger - September 18, 2018 at 7:48 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19761 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 358 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 753 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 16344 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4178 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1742 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9728 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus