Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 11:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion
(October 3, 2018 at 2:54 am)bennyboy Wrote:
(October 2, 2018 at 8:06 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_i...ted_States

And are you telling me that even in Western Europe, things are even worse? Well, I can’t find a sort of database of racial inequality in places there, but there is the GINI coefficient, which calculates income disparity.  Note that the higher the coefficient (and the redder its place on the map), the worse it is. Let’s see how the US scores in comparison with other nations.

Wait, we've been talking about justice, which I took to refer to abstracts like freedom of speech and action. Are you defining it in economic terms? If so, given the context right now, you'd better show this chart next to racial diversity charts, or % of population that is newly immigrated.

The de jure sort you've been mentioning, we do have. However, there's a lot of things that are linked to de facto injustice that need fixing which you don't seem to acknowledge, and the fact remains that the issues of class, race, power, and privilege are inextricably bound (at least at this point.) I strongly suspect that new immigration doesn't matter as much as you think to the lobster heirarchies (or their real world equivalents). Case in point: many of my ancestors arrived in America before the civil war, but the vast majority of black people in America have ancestors who were taken there long before then (as well as enough Massa DNA to make up a white great-grandparent) and my family is better off than alarmingly high percent of black people. The appeals to a sort of natural aristocracy these lobster heirarchies you challenge seem to imply, that appear to coincide far more with race than they should, don't really apply to the real, human world.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion - by Rev. Rye - October 3, 2018 at 10:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 346 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this? Whateverist 901 79162 September 24, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 730 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Open discussion of the Christian Why We're Here thread Whateverist 598 70896 June 12, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  Thinking of writing a book... Sayetsu 4 631 March 13, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Actual Infinity in Reality? SteveII 478 66885 March 6, 2018 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Actual infinities. Jehanne 48 9760 October 18, 2017 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Succubus
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15947 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Are other atheists of one book? carusmm 14 1961 May 30, 2016 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Book of Genesis Parashu 16 2879 February 20, 2016 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist