Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 8:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus suffering vs eternal suffering of temporary sinners
RE: Jesus suffering vs eternal suffering of temporary sinners
(November 19, 2018 at 12:55 pm)unfogged Wrote:
(November 19, 2018 at 12:42 pm)Drich Wrote: Again and again and again.... The punishment is forever as Hell is forever We are not... If your reading/assumption  is correct Why doesn't Jesus say "and you shall go away to be punished forever?" why does he focus on the method of punishment rather than the application? Why is the method of punishment always the focus on each and every example ot how you will be punished or the duration???  

Does that much spin make you dizzy?
What spin? I simple read only what was on page. I did not add anything I did not take anything away. 

The bible says we will be burnt up or consumed by the fire, it speaks of the second death and it never NEVER ONCE mentions we living souls will be eternally burned by the fire.. IT does in 3 seperate places tells us Lucifer and his demons will indeed be on fire for ever. If we shared this fate then I ask again show me book chapter and verse... not to the nature of hell being forever as we have establish hell is forever the torment is forever but for the sake of satan and his demons. So then show me where souls burn forever. I showed you where the bible says Souls die in hell once in a passage purposly written to describe our time in Hell and again by Christ Himself saying fear the one who can destroy your soul in Hell!!!

If you want to say we will burn in hell forever all I need is book chapter and verse that says that specific thing... If you can not find that specific thing then you need to reexamine the difference between doctrinal belief and biblical facts.

Quote:The verses I quoted speak about "everlasting punishment" and "unquenchable fire" and they are referencing the fate of people, not Satan or angels. It explicitly contrasts everlasting punishment with eternal life in heaven.
show me sport. line by blessed line. just like I showed you in mat25 starting @ verse 10 disassembles your exegesis concerning Hell being about the fate of people, and in Christ's own words using his own explaination tells us why the fire is unquenchable and the punishment is ever lasting and that is for those in whom He mentions in verse 10! Because again in verse 10 because Satan and his angels live forever their place of torment must endure forever. (his words sport not mine) We souls will also be inturned there if God finds us wanting, and in Rev 21 we have a complete description as to the nature of our experience in the foreverness of Hell. It will be the destruction of our souls just like Jesus said in mat 10... Again why have you yet to address either of these passages?

Look at yourself and what you are doing to support a doctrine.. you are inventing words that put us on par with satan and his demons and you are ignoring 3 verses in revelation that specifcally describe the process you are trying to undermine and you are ignoring Christ's own words here as reported by Mat 10... all of this to spite those in Hell. Is God's spite not enough for you? is you blood lust so much that deep down you need people to burn forever? because clearly you have conflicting verses here between what the bible says and what you believe. Granted this is a 1500 year old doctrine, but tradition=/= truth. Look at what you have been ignoring and reconcile those passages.

Quote: The text is quite clear that Jesus is an immoral thug who revels in the idea of his enemies being tortured and that's been the common reading for Centuries; Dante didn't make his stuff up out of nothing.
ROFLOL book chapter and verse sport.. dante's version of hell could not be more wrong if a greek follower of hades's wrote it! It was a play designed to appeal to the greek and the christian to assimilate their culture. Over and over in the bible Hell this the torment of satan your moron dante' has satan running hell!!! like some stupid ass greek god!!! Hehe Hell is the defeat of satan it is the punishment and the final eternal kick in the teeth of satan. Satan's 'rule' is here now and his rule is subject to the will of God (per the book of Job) this is the closest thing satan has to a kingdom. hell and dante's vision of it was all a fiction invented to fill more seats with old school greek and roman believers. Otherwise show me book chapter and verse. show me the passages where dante used to construct the 7 levels of torment show me purgatory in the bible show me anything besides sweeping dismissal pointing to traditional beliefs!

Quote: That many modern Christians choose to find ways to convince themselves that it says something less harsh is to their credit but it is still an attempt to spin vile dogma into something more palatable.
doga-smogma, without biblical precedent your douche-ma means nothing, to a bible believing christian. there is no more credence given to unverifiable dogma than there is to any muslim rule or regulation. it's empty tradition and meaningless nonsense. can you still find Jesus with this meaningless nonsence? yes you can, but it is also just as easy to loose sight of him when you put all that bs to the test and what you get back is some stock church answer that says the lord works in mysterious ways... or you shall not question God..

See the God of the bible wants you to question all things including him and his 'dogma'/revelation. way way different than your god huh? What if I could promise you that God himself could and would answer any and every question himself directly to you, no middle man??? sound like your religion? sound like something dante would say? sound like any dogma you ever heard? no?!??! again that is the difference between your douch-ma and what the bible actually says. So forgive me If I do not bow down to a broken tradition that has me filter my thoughts and expects me to sit in the dark while god buzzes about the room according to his priests..

If you want to know about hell truly want to know ask God to send you there, and if you can tell me what the one thing that sticks out in your mind as you are consumed by the hell fire..

Quote:The method focuses on the fact that once the decision has been made there is no turning back.

It's just too bad that you can't get yourself all the way to something that would be actually moral and not just not quite as evil.

The only good thing is that there isn't a shred of evidence that any of this is more than the deranged fantasies of a primitive nd often barbaric society.

(November 19, 2018 at 12:44 pm)Drich Wrote: Don't get me wrong.. souls will burn and some for a long long time if God is just..

You are truly despicable.[/quote]

So your a moron who thinks all are good???
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/here-...t-occupied
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A6qJhSsuWc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuSS0iiFyo

yeah, sorry if I do not want you and your brothers and sisters to flourish alongside me in eternity. I don't want those monsters hunting down God loving people forever.. no they need to be burned and destroyed by the fire in proportion to the scale of their own unforgiven sin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesus suffering vs eternal suffering of temporary sinners - by Drich - November 19, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 20151 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  I'm a Universalist - Can anyone convince me of 'Eternal Damnationism'? The Kreisel 16 1559 February 26, 2021 at 3:02 am
Last Post: beepete
  [Serious] What God's justification for eternal torment? SuicideCommando01 279 19008 December 18, 2020 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 2759 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Eternal afterlife purplepurpose 129 25801 February 14, 2018 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Christians are the greatest sinners according to their god's law rado84 25 3986 August 3, 2016 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Little children who died without Baptism go to eternal Hell?! Jehanne 34 6270 February 29, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Q: What is trans-galactic, eternal and omni-everything? A: God, necessarily? Whateverist 21 5703 August 11, 2015 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why does Jesus' "suffering" matter? luka 99 20968 July 21, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7362 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist